Got a camera instead of a watch!

Thread: Got a camera instead of a watch!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gift Got a camera instead of a watch!

I was a heart beat away from buying a new (to me) watch, twice! But the watch gods where not seeing things my way and for various reasons the deals never went through. Instead I ended up ordering this

This isn't my rig but a promo picture. It does have all of the major items that my camera will come with. Below is a list of those items.

Nikon D200 DSLR (used) - Comes with all accessory items
    Nikkor 18-200VR Lens (new) - w/UV Filter
    Nikon MB-D200 Grip (new)
    Nikon SB-600 Flash (new)
    Thom Hogan CD (used)
    Rocket Blower (used)
    2G CF Card (used)
    L Bracket (used)

This is my little Christmas gift to myself. I used my reenlistment bonus money to buy it and lucky enough for me, I reenlisted in Iraq. The camera and everything else should arrive before Christmas day so I should have some interesting pictures of Christmas in Iraq.
    Tom
    Marathon, Omega, Rolex, Ruhla, Seiko

Re: Got a camera instead of a watch!

Congrats! I just did the same thing today
    Cheers,
    Micha

Thanks!

I plan on using my time here in Iraq to take some stellar photos, or at least try.

I’m actually coming from a 35mm SLR. All of my digital images were with a P&S. I’m really excited about moving up to DSLR photography and after doing some research I hope that I picked some nice well rounded gear.
    Tom

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

you'll be happy with it , I moved up from a D70 to a D200 with a grip ... Get good glass like a 35-70 2.8 or a 80-200 2.8 and enjoy yourself .. Come on over to the nikon forum also www.nikond1.net

Thanks for the link to the forum; I’m checking it out now.

The D70 is an awesome camera. My wife uses that camera and loves it. She isn’t looking to upgrade it at all. Although she is looking to get the same lens that I bought, the 18-200.

She has a grip for her D70 which is why I ordered the grip for my D200. It makes holding the camera that much more enjoyable. I don’t have to do a chicken arm swing now when I take portrait shots.
    Tom

Tom, congrats on the camera, but more importantly, thanks for everything you're doing over there. We're proud of you!
    Greetings from that Island they call Long!

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Tom View Post
    Thanks!

I plan on using my time here in Iraq to take some stellar photos, or at least try.

I’m actually coming from a 35mm SLR. All of my digital images were with a P&S. I’m really excited about moving up to DSLR photography and after doing some research I hope that I picked some nice well rounded gear.
    Great camera Tom!! I own one, Can't wait to see some pic's from over there! Please be SAFE! God speed. John Wilson. Photos by brandontraister! Camp Blue Diamond!
    Last edited by Ernie Romers; December 9th, 2007 at 10:15. Reason: violation to our rules

"Man fears time; time fears the Pyramids"

Planet Ocean

Make sure you come home quickly and safely so you can use the rest of your money for Adobe Camera Shop, and a nice MacPro to process your RAW photos. I'm just getting back into it myself as a DSLR guy going from my old Canon A-1 and lenses, to a Canon 5D with three lenses, a 24-105L, a 70-300 DO (diffractive optics) and a cheap 50 mm 1.8. Can't remember when I've had this much fun.

CANON ...BOOOOOO , HIISSSSSS , I 'll second the shoot in raw , much better , and you can always make JPEGS out of Raw but not the other way around

Dear all,

As much as I understand to have pictures of soldiers in the combat field I feel they are still in violation of our rules & guidelines. Besides these pictures are probably a violation of OpSec (Operations Security) as well.

Therefore, for the sake of our rules and for the safety of those who are in combat I have removed the pictures and would like to ask you all not to re-post them.
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information