Handy Macro Setup?

Thread: Handy Macro Setup?

Handy Macro Setup?

is there an off-the-shelf macro light box anyone can recommend? Of course I get the best photos with careful setup of my tripod, macro lens, etc. but these days I really need to take a quick iPhone shot and be done. It's the 80% solution. Just need the right light box to do it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Handy Macro Setup?

I personally shoot with a Nikon D200/D70s combo, Extension tubes and an old sturdy iron tripod from the mid nineties, an SB-600 flash. I dont use a light box as a white wall with some strategically places white/reflector paper is all you need to do good macro photography. For a "handy" setup that you need, I suggest you buy a small table top tripod (anywhere from $5-10) for your phone, a macro lens for your phone (anywhere from 5-15 dollars) and some cheap LED lights from your local hardware store and some polythene or butter paper (translucent or semi translucent ones that they use in packing) and you are set. Hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need any more info (I am a commercial photographer) and run a small blog called subliminalwhispers. Cheers and happy clicking.

thank you so much!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by viisshnu View Post
    I personally shoot with a Nikon D200/D70s combo, Extension tubes and an old sturdy iron tripod from the mid nineties, an SB-600 flash. I dont use a light box as a white wall with some strategically places white/reflector paper is all you need to do good macro photography. For a "handy" setup that you need, I suggest you buy a small table top tripod (anywhere from $5-10) for your phone, a macro lens for your phone (anywhere from 5-15 dollars) and some cheap LED lights from your local hardware store and some polythene or butter paper (translucent or semi translucent ones that they use in packing) and you are set. Hope that answers your question. Let me know if you need any more info (I am a commercial photographer) and run a small blog called subliminalwhispers. Cheers and happy clicking.

What do you mean by extension tubes. Do you have a photo of your setup? I would love to take some watch photos and looking to make the investment into gear.

Thread Information