Hdr b&w

Thread: Hdr b&w

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hdr b&w

Taken with Canon 50D 10-35mm USM. +2 - 0 - 2 Raw files. Photomatrix HDR software Color to B&W with Photoshop 7.
    Best health, Frank

Re: Hdr b&w

Great photo! Well done. Looking forward to seeing more from you...

Nice one, fellow Canonite. This is the sort of thing HDR is for.

I love seeing HDR photos that aren't super-saturated and over-contrasted like what you get when you put "HDR" into google images.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Joel, to each his own. most people I've seen doing HDR are actually thinking of more like "painting" their images with the tonal adjustments, somewhat stepping into the surrealist realm. which is right if you want to emphasize this or that.

here is my first attempt at HDR, lemme know if you find them outrageously exaggerated. :P

and ignore the rest of the blog, it's useless for anyone who doesn't speak Romanian.

Quote Originally Posted by andix View Post
    Joel, to each his own. most people I've seen doing HDR are actually thinking of more like "painting" their images with the tonal adjustments, somewhat stepping into the surrealist realm. which is right if you want to emphasize this or that.

here is my first attempt at HDR, lemme know if you find them outrageously exaggerated. :P

and ignore the rest of the blog, it's useless for anyone who doesn't speak Romanian.
    For me the HDR option is perfect to replicate the exposure latitude of the old Plus-X B&W film I started shooting with. I like most of your work because you chose to leave most of the shadow areas as shadows! I like to keep the dark and light play in my work and feel the loss of it flattens the image. I also fight the urge to "Do it because I can" mind set. Just because the saturation goes to 300% doesn't meant I have to do it.
    I, in the spirit of full disclosure, am pastel color blind so I do not see the full spectrum of light as those of you with real eyes can. Might have a lot to do with why I shoot B&W? I personally think your work is beautiful and as long as it is your story then you can never be wrong!!!
    Best health, Frank

Nice pics guys, I love the style of HDR and got a decent program to create them so was finally able to experiment a little last summer. This was my first attempt, nothing special but it sure looks different than the originals.

Oakley TimeBomb Carbon Fiber
    Seiko Premier SNP003
    Bernhardt Globemaster #228 Green/Silver
    Wenger Swiss Military Commando Chrono
    Casio G-Shock DW6900
    Benarus Moray
    #43 Silver dial/brushed

Pics of the Watch Collection

WOW, that is extremely dramatic. I hope you experience was equal to your photo.
    Best health, Frank

Frank, thank you. I am a sucker for low-key and although I don't master the technique enough to start showing it, I felt like those hdrs should be at least close. on top of that all I live in a place covered in snow 8 months out of 12 so that makes low-key attempts even worse.
    I think my sub-conscious feels like protesting for having to put up with so much white.

to all: isn't it funny that to a more or less extent, hdrs have to show clouds?

Awesome! There's an old barn on the corner of Krumkill and Font Grove Roads (Slingerlands?) that would look great in HDR B&W. I shot it years ago in color. I'll see if I can dig up the shots.

Cool Re: Hdr b&w

those pics are outstanding..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information