Help... i'm trying to knockout background in Photoshop

Thread: Help... i'm trying to knockout background in Photoshop

Help... i'm trying to knockout background in Photoshop

I am trying to knockout backgrounds on watch photos in photoshop. Gold works fine with the background eraser, but not the silver ones. These tend to blend in with the background too much for the tool to recognize the watch and the background as two separate objects. I thought of using a different background color that contrasts with the silver, but it obviously can't reflect in the watch. Any suggestions for an amateur?

Re: Help... i'm trying to knockout background in Photoshop

Yeah - a couple of things you can do (I'm a graphic designer and I do this stuff all day - everyday). You can shoot with either a dark, dark black background and use a strong light source, making the watch easier to extract from the background. OR - and this is the method that I prefer - Shoot the watch, but be careful not to create any shadows anywhere near the watch. Open the picture with photoshop and use the polygonal select tool to "draw" (be patient here) the outline of the watch. Cut - open a new document and select the resolution you want - choose a transparent background, and paste. The cut-out watch will now be floating. Add any color background that you want. That's it.
    Oris Diver Date
    Invicta SubAqua Noma III
    Casio G Shock Gulfman
    Luminox Colormark Blue

I'll try that, thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

plenty of ways to do this. in your tool bar is a layer mask. try it. its much easier than using the wand or a selection tool. layers are your friend. heres a couple done soley in photoshop.

Thread Information