How to take lume pics? I take bad pics!

Thread: How to take lume pics? I take bad pics!

PJ

How to take lume pics? I take bad pics!

I have a Sony Cyber-Shot 8.1 DSC - N1 and I have no clue how to get this done nor am I a great photographer. My daughter was concertmaster for the Boston Youth Symphony and I could not get one good shot with her on stage.

Here are some of my watch photos and thanks for you help!!

Phil

Re: How to take lume pics? I take bad pics!

PJS- I'm a rank novice, but I beleive the general procedure is to set the exposure to a little longer than normal, and take a regular macro shot? I think you'll be able to mess with the settings on your camera to get the desired effect. Search here on "LUME SHOT" there's a few good things that come up.

P.S> LOVE your Chronomat!
    Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean 45mm
    Oris Williams F1 Chronograph
    Citizen Meccanico NP3010-34A
    Citizen Aqualand 20th Aniv. Eco-Drive
    G-Shock G2300B-1V
    Luminox 3001

U did pretty good already! For best results use the largest fstop number(smallest lens opening) for the greatest depth of field. Drag the shutter( slower shutter speeds) so the ambient lume comes through. This will probably require u to shoot in lower light or do a double exposure(if ur camera has that capability). Use of a tripod is also a must when shooting at slower shutter speeds. Also, don't try this with the watch on ur wrist because u'll get movement(blur).

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello Phil,

there are soo many explanations, manuals, hints and tips about photography, printed and on the web, that I do not know how to start.

Sorry about confusing explanations, as I am not a native speaker nor a professional photographer.

For me personally, the most important thing to know about photography was: Every picture your camera takes consists of two (major) things:

aperture (how much light gets on the 'film') and
    exposure (how long does the light get on the 'film')

More expensive cameras like your sony, allow to set these parameters manually. the automatic-mode is applicable to many 'standard' situations, but not to extreme conditions, like dark rooms or driving cars.

So, when taking pics of things in motion, the exposure is important, as moving things appear blurred, depending of the speed (Even your hand is moving when you take a photo, just a few mm, but enough to make it appear blurred)

When taking pics of static things, attention can be set more on aperture, which controls the depth of focus and sharpness.

That said it is up to you to learn about how your camera takes pictures under certain conditions and certain settings and maybe read further explanations on web sites....

When playing around you will soon know when picture begin to appear sharp, blurred, too light, too dark etc.

hope that helps ....
    "No, you already have enough watches!"

PJ

Thank you so much! I think I need to learn how to make these adjustments.

I appreciate you taking the time to explain some important aspects to taking a great picture.

Best,

Phil

That's easy

That's really easy, charge the lume with a flash then hold the watch in one hand and the camera in the other and press the shutter Of course it helps if you are using a Nikon D3 and Nikkor 28/1.4 lens... but that's another story

Kidding aside all you need is a little tripod and use the time delay release shutter thingy - on another note - stage photography is the hardest to achieve so if you get one good shot, that's a good thing.

Thread Information