Lume shots with a point & shoot camera?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DragonDan

Thread: Lume shots with a point & shoot camera?

Lume shots with a point & shoot camera?

Can someone direct me to a tutorial on lume shots with a P & S camera. Ive done a few but they were always hit or miss, thanks.
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

Re: Lume shots with a point & shoot camera?

There are several posts on this subject. Things to keep in mind: keep the camera and subject steady (no vibration), provide a good-looking composition and keep the exposure proper. Try out the macro mode on your camera if it has one.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

what camera do you have??

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have a Panasonic Lumix ZR3

Quote Originally Posted by jose-CostaRica View Post
    what camera do you have??
    NFW AutoPilot, Steinhart Nav B-Uhr II 44 mm Automatic., Seiko "BFS" SNKF09. Seiko "Spork" SRP043K. Seiko SRP639KI & lots of G-Shocks.

That's a good camera, very similar to my LX3. First, you need a tripod or a sandbag or something to keep the camera steady, as you are going for a long shutter speed. Use the macro mode, set the camera in manual mode. Try these settings: ISO 100, aperture as wide as you can go (probably around f/2.5) and a 3-second shutter speed. These are general settings that have worked for me. The shutter speed will be dependant on your ambient lighting, so this is the variable.
    "charge" up the lume with a bright light source, then dim the room's lights and go for it! Another tip, use the camera's self-timer, so you don't jostle the camera when you click the shutter button.

We look forward to seeing your efforts.
    Poseidon-Jim likes this.
    Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

Quote Originally Posted by lotsofstufftogo View Post
    all right let´s see... I´m not familiar to Panasonic cameras but checking the options available in your ZR3 I would try this....
    the first step is to put the watch in a steady surface in the position you are planning to take the photo, then position your camera in a steady surface also, could be a book or whatever (if you have a tripod use it), your camera´s MACRO option focuses at 3 centimeters from the object, don't zoom!, choose the MACRO option and put the watch at around 3cm away from the lens of the camera, try using these setting:
    turn room´s lights ON -> a good picture requires test/error so please try with these modes until you get the photo you want: SCN mode -> Fireworks (this one should do it) or Night Portrait (turn flash off) or Candle Light. Activate MACRO -> charge your watch´s lume -> half-press the shutter button so the camera focuses properly on the watch (monitor the LCD screen, the image must look sharp) -> release the button (focus will remain locked) -> turn lights OFF -> fully press the shutter button and dont move a thing! because in Fireworks mode the camera will take some seconds to expose the image, after that check the picture and try until you get it right.

I hope these experiments work well...

Thanks Dragon Dan & Jose I'll try your great intsturctions and see how it turns out. I like the ZR3 a lot its great and the AVCHD mode is awesome too, thats how most of my YouTube videos are done.

A tripodal and I took these the in water closet.

Phone photo, not a skilled photographer and just noticed the image looking for something in a dark room and figured I'd try to capture the lumeName:  uploadfromtaptalk1427651909594.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  878.8 KB
    JorgeT

Thread Information