My First steps with a micro G Shock taken with an ōllo clip
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By scoopster
  • 1 Post By Sherpat
  • 1 Post By scoopster

Thread: My First steps with a micro G Shock taken with an ōllo clip

My First steps with a micro G Shock taken with an ōllo clip

I've always enjoyed micro shots of other folks watches. Didn't want to spend the $400 or so on the Loop System or whatever it's called. So I bought a clip on for one-tenth.
    This is a shot of a G-Shock with GPS. Hope you like it. Be nice with any criticisms you might have.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sherpat and Slm643 like this.

Re: My First steps with a micro G Shock taken with an ōllo clip

That's very nice, especially if it's your first attempt. And on a budget - bravo!

A quick...suggestion? Observation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you took this hand held. There's a lot of "motion blur" even in parts of the shot that are in focus. If I'm correct, you may want to try bracing your camera up against something or, better yet, attaching it to something stationary (if you don't have a tripod, that is). And if you have either a delay shutter release or a remote trigger, those would be ideal also as even if your camera is braced, the mere act of pressing your finger down can cause enough shake that unless you're using a pretty fast shutter speed there will be blur. As I say, it's just a suggestion. Not a criticism. I hope you keep on with this, as it's really fun to see in macro once you get the technique down!

:)
    Slm643 likes this.
    Fiat vox!

You are absolutely correct. It was a hand held shot. Wanted to take my toy out of the box and play with it. I have a tripod on order and will take more time to set up the shot/compose.
    And thanks. I wanted criticism - to be sure your criticism was constructive criticism and it's very much appreciated. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpat View Post
    That's very nice, especially if it's your first attempt. And on a budget - bravo!

A quick...suggestion? Observation? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like you took this hand held. There's a lot of "motion blur" even in parts of the shot that are in focus. If I'm correct, you may want to try bracing your camera up against something or, better yet, attaching it to something stationary (if you don't have a tripod, that is). And if you have either a delay shutter release or a remote trigger, those would be ideal also as even if your camera is braced, the mere act of pressing your finger down can cause enough shake that unless you're using a pretty fast shutter speed there will be blur. As I say, it's just a suggestion. Not a criticism. I hope you keep on with this, as it's really fun to see in macro once you get the technique down!

Sherpat likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You are absolutely correct. It was a hand held shot. Wanted to take my toy out of the box and play with it. I have a tripod on order and will take more time to set up the shot/compose.
    And thanks. I wanted criticism - to be sure your criticism was constructive criticism and it's very much appreciated. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherpat View Post

Thread Information