Newfoundland...

Thread: Newfoundland...

Newfoundland...

I've been the Canadian Rep for my company for almost six years, but only made my first trip to Newfoundland this past Sunday (I flew to Toronto yesterday).

I had my 40D with me, along with a Sigma 17-70mm and a Sigma 50-500mm, but those stayed in the trunk as I opted for the new G12 I picked up last week.The G12 really has been exceeding my expectations for a point-n-shoot.

Here are a couple of shots from Cape Spear, the most easterly point in North America:

And some from Cabot Tower:

This is the owner of my company walking along the wall at Cabot Tower:

This is a pretty stunning place to photograph. Unfortunately, my time there was limited. I plan to come back and spend some more time shooting it. It's some stunning coastline...
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow...

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna' feel all day...

Oris Williams F1, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Ball Engineer Master II Aviator

Re: Newfoundland...

Pretty nice pics~Really serene, cheers!

Thank you for posting these photographs from your G12. I especially like your Cabot Tower photograph. Did you have to work with adjusting Menu settings before shooting, or was the camera fairly easy to use out of the box?

Looking for something to take camping and bicycling with my wife, I have held the G12 in a camera store in nearby Tempe, and like the flexibility of the viewing screen among other features. It is that feature that is keeping me from buying either the G12 or the Nikon P7000, while carefully considering what both offer. While the Nikon's viewing screen is fixed / stationary, the Nikon offers a little more telephoto with its zoom. I have a Nikon speedlight that is compatible with the P7000. However, the Canon keeps "talking" to me as the one to purchase.

Anything that you could add - suggest would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Jack

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wow! Very nice images form a point and shoot indeed. I really like the first one. Great image.

The people are wicked nice too. Hard workers.

Quote Originally Posted by AZJack View Post
    Thank you for posting these photographs from your G12. I especially like your Cabot Tower photograph. Did you have to work with adjusting Menu settings before shooting, or was the camera fairly easy to use out of the box?
    Well, I'd been using the G10 for a while (he wife has that now), so the G12 wasn't a real challenge to figure out. That said, though, it is real easy to use right out of the box...

Looking for something to take camping and bicycling with my wife, I have held the G12 in a camera store in nearby Tempe, and like the flexibility of the viewing screen among other features. It is that feature that is keeping me from buying either the G12 or the Nikon P7000, while carefully considering what both offer. While the Nikon's viewing screen is fixed / stationary, the Nikon offers a little more telephoto with its zoom. I have a Nikon speedlight that is compatible with the P7000. However, the Canon keeps "talking" to me as the one to purchase.

Anything that you could add - suggest would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Jack
    I'm not familiar with the Nikon; I've been a Canon guy since I was a kid. I can say, though, that I find the Canon's controls to be real intuitive and easy to use, and easy to figure out if you're not already familiar with Canon gear. I've gotten a lot of use out of the articulating screen; that's one difference from the G10 that I really like. Honestly, the only thing I don't like about the G12 is that the rear control wheel isn't as sturdy as the one on the G10. It's sturdy enough, just not as sturdy. It certainly gets the job done, though...
    Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow...

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. They wake up in the morning and that's the best they're gonna' feel all day...

Oris Williams F1, Omega Planet Ocean 45mm, Ball Engineer Master II Aviator

Cabot Tower as some may know is where the first transatlantic radio transmission was received by Marconi in 1901 sent in Morse code byan assistant located in Cornwall, UK. The entire message was the letter 's' sent over and over, which is dit, dit, dit.

Quote Originally Posted by rhst1 View Post
    Cabot Tower as some may know is where the first transatlantic radio transmission was received by Marconi in 1901 sent in Morse code byan assistant located in Cornwall, UK. The entire message was the letter 's' sent over and over, which is dit, dit, dit.
    Now that is interesting to me... a ham radio operator since 1970!

Thread Information