Nikon Coolpix Cameras

Thread: Nikon Coolpix Cameras

Nikon Coolpix Cameras

Hi folks...don't usually post over here.

any thoughts on the Nikon Coolpix models. The wife and I are looking at cameras since our last one was stolen while on our honeymoon.

Just looking for an all around model. something versatile and withing a 150 usd budget.

Thanks in advance.

btw...it should have to also make my Planet ocean shine. hehehe
    *just because i'm a candidate for hip replacement, does not make me a hipster

Re: Nikon Coolpix Cameras

I generally avoid Nikon when it comes to Point and shoots...their DSLRs are superb machines but Canon usually rules that other world. That said, I'm going to recommend something other than Canon, as they are not always the best. I'm championing the Panasonic Lumix LZ8. Granted its not the best looking camera out there, but you're buying a camera to take pictures with, not to look at, right? It takes great pictures and it fits well within your budget. Now if you're willing to spend 50 more dollars, then you should definitely look into a Fujifilm FinePix F100fd.

Last edited by jay3429; December 3rd, 2009 at 11:48.

Re: Nikon Coolpix Cameras

Thanks Jay! Yeah I actually turned from the Nikon and ended up ordering this baby. the SOny H20

pretty much had everything i was looking for. great size, 10x zoom with 10mp. Also has settings for manual adjustments as well as a dummy proof setting. got it for a song plus a free memory card and tripod.
    *just because i'm a candidate for hip replacement, does not make me a hipster

Thread Information