Ouch - how much?

Thread: Ouch - how much?

Ouch - how much?

So - after well over a year of pondering, asking for advice on this forum and from pals, holding mumerous cameras in shops - reading magazines obsessively, I finally did it. I went into a leading Camera supplier to buy a DSLR - without having made my mind up which

And what did I get? I got a good deal on 2 cameras actually One for the family to use and one for me. I wanted this to be a hobby my sons could come out and join me in.

So - I bought a Nikon D90 with a 18-200mm Nikon lens
    and the new Olympus EP1 for family use

Extravagant? Expensive? Better options? Most likely. But I am loving owning my first ever camera and even more spending time with my oldest son - walking around, chatting, and looking together at life a little closer and a little differently through a lens

cheers

si
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose" Jim Elliot - Missionary, Martyr

Re: Ouch - how much?

That is a great choice and as you said - perfect chance to get closer with son, sharing wonderful hobby with him...
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

You're going to love that D90. Awesome camera!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi -

Congrats on the EP1!

Serious kit, that. I have it on a short list, but am waiting for a Leica M adapter to appear on eBay so that I can put some classic Leica glass on the EP1.

I almost bought one at B+H recently (I bought an E-30+12-60 lens instead), but they didn't have the 17mm lens I wanted on it, and when I went back 2 days later they were already sold out.

You may find that you spend a lot more time with the EP1 than you do with the D90. You'll find the high ISO results of the EP1 are a knock-out.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

Congrats on the EP1!

Serious kit, that. I have it on a short list, but am waiting for a Leica M adapter to appear on eBay so that I can put some classic Leica glass on the EP1.

I almost bought one at B+H recently (I bought an E-30+12-60 lens instead), but they didn't have the 17mm lens I wanted on it, and when I went back 2 days later they were already sold out.

You may find that you spend a lot more time with the EP1 than you do with the D90. You'll find the high ISO results of the EP1 are a knock-out.

JohnF
    Hei JohnF
    I love King Crimson too!!!
    <hr /><a href=https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/watch-through-lenses-chronicles-one-obsession-638371.html target=_blank>https://forums.watchuseek.com/f78/wat...on-638371.html</a>

Hi -

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

The best thing about this purchase is the time you get with your son. It will amaze you how different your photo's of the same place will be.
    Enjoy, Frank

That might be the best reason to buy 2 camera's I ever read.

Thread Information