Photobucket

Thread: Photobucket

Photobucket

Easy, quick question for you Photobucket experts: does the site resize your photos at all before making the accessible? Im going on a trip and I think I have a large enough SD card, but just in case, I may need to dump a couple of photos to PB and then download them when I get home. If I take the photos in raw or jpeg, they will be quite large and I want to download then in exactly the same size/format as I uploaded them rather than some web optimized size or shrunk down where I may not be able to manipulate them. Does anyone know? thanks

Re: Photobucket

from what i remember it either resizes them or you can set it to a max file size in which case your image can be any size as long as it's under the max file size (I think 1 MB). I typically make all my images 800 x whatever and set it as max file size -- never been resized. If you're straight uploading you will probably be resized, I'm guessing. Should be in the options.

~Ross

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
    from what i remember it either resizes them or you can set it to a max file size in which case your image can be any size as long as it's under the max file size (I think 1 MB). I typically make all my images 800 x whatever and set it as max file size -- never been resized. If you're straight uploading you will probably be resized, I'm guessing. Should be in the options.

~Ross
    Thanks, thats what I figured. I think my best bet is to either email myself the photos or find a free online storage site

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Ozy

I found photobucket distorts the images too much, whereas FlickR seems to do a pretty decent job of maintaining the resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post

~Ross
    Thanks, thats what I figured. I think my best bet is to either email myself the photos or find a free online storage site

Thread Information