Which point and shoot?

Thread: Which point and shoot?

Which point and shoot?

Hey guys, my Mrs and I is going to Krabi(Thailand) for our honeymoon next week.
    We decided to do water-sports and also snorkeling and maybe scuba diving. And also island hoping.

Can you guys recommend any good point and shoot digi camera for these activities?(taking pics underwater) Our budget is $500-$800 for the camera.

Thank you!

G-Shock & Sales Moderator DragonJade's Avatar

Re: Which point and shoot?

If you're after a simple point and shoot, I would recommend the Panasonic TZ7. I picked one up last month and used it mostly for the movie function (excellent quality). It's a great camera, too. The only negatives are that it doesn't have manual controls (for controlling the aperture/shutter speed) and no RAW. If you need a camera that has these then I'd recommend one of the Canons. You would, of course, have to get an underwater housing.

Youtube is full of videos from the TZ7, including scuba videos. View them in HD and full screen!

There are water-resistant camera's available, but they usually aren't the best quality and are only resistant for a few metres, so no good for scuba.

Get your WUS badge now from the WUS store.
    >> Support WUS by clicking through to our sponsors sites. <<
    >> Buying from a sponsor? Tell them WUS sent you. <<

Hi wasupmersibles, for me you need to see the Sony DSC-HX1, thats a point and shoot camera that feels like a DSLR, this camera has 9.1 mega pixel, has a 10 fps shoot mode, can record video in 1080P at 30fps, etc..
    Its a tremendous camera, and the price range is from $350-500.

Rod.
    Current Watches:

1- Victorinox Swiss Army Professional Airboss Mach 6 25783.
    2- Victorinox Swiss Army Professional DiveMaster 500M 251037.
    3- Seiko Submariner ``pepsi´´ SKX033K2 on ``Real Bond RAF Strap´´.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DragonJade View Post
    If you're after a simple point and shoot, I would recommend the Panasonic TZ7. I picked one up last month and used it mostly for the movie function (excellent quality). It's a great camera, too. The only negatives are that it doesn't have manual controls (for controlling the aperture/shutter speed) and no RAW. If you need a camera that has these then I'd recommend one of the Canons. You would, of course, have to get an underwater housing.

Youtube is full of videos from the TZ7, including scuba videos. View them in HD and full screen!

There are water-resistant camera's available, but they usually aren't the best quality and are only resistant for a few metres, so no good for scuba.
    WoW.... :thanksDragon. Yes i saw the videos on youtube on the TZ7s. Its really amazing especially the under water ones with the turtle!

Will really consider the TZ7. Still shopping!!!!

Thread Information