Printer suggestions

Thread: Printer suggestions

Printer suggestions

Hi there,

Here is a quick introduction -
    I am an avid young photographer, and love to take a variety of photos with my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTI. I have a standard 18-55mm lens, as well as a 75-300mm zoom lens. I have been interested in photography for about 3 years now, and bought this camera about 2 years ago. I still enjoy everything about photography.

I have a standard printer that has done well for me in the past. It can print up to legal size (8 1/2 by 11) photos.

However, I would now like to be able to print out larger pictures, like 11X17 and such. I have been searching a little bit, but I am still having a hard time, and am hoping you guys could help me out a bit.

As I mentioned above, I would like a printer capable of printing larger pictures. And...
    -without breaking the bank (try keeping it under $500, lower the better )
    -with long lasting ink cartridges (if its possible. Hopefully companies have improved this)

Thanks guys for all the help!

Re: Printer suggestions

any ideas?

Hi, Not sure what's on the market now but for the last 10 years I've used the Epson Stylus Photo 1290 which prints UK A3 up to 12" x 18" approx.
    Used it for printing art images in full colour mostly and have not used proprietry Epson inks for almost the same time.
    I use compatibiles and rarely if ever have any problems - (the last lot I got was PhoenixDirect here in the UK - also used One-Print in the past) the quality is outstanding and I use the best media possible (which is of enormous importance for quality pictures).
    I have to assume the Epson 1209 has been replaced these days, but I do note that they (Epson) are puting obstacles in the way of using compatibles which is nasty (usually can be got round, but you have to be careful which compats you buy).
    Wish you luck.

Boswell

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you very much! :thanks

Thread Information