Professional wristwatch photograpy

Thread: Professional wristwatch photograpy

Professional wristwatch photograpy

I am making a brochure for my watches, been working with a professional photographer who has worked extensively with fashion (jewelry and watches). Thought this would be of interest, with his permission I am posting unfinished work and then the final product when it becomes ready next week. The photographer in question is Jon Pall Vilhelmsson. Picture 1. Lugs and strap, 2. hands, 3 case, 4 case, 5 case. The dial will then be made by using clear dial part pictures due to the curve in the sapphire crystal the direct front shot will require two or three dial photos put together.

regards,
    julius
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Professional wristwatch photograpy

Am I missing something? All the pics look the same. You must be having some good long days in Iceland this time of year!

Quote Originally Posted by nimbushopper View Post
    Am I missing something? All the pics look the same. You must be having some good long days in Iceland this time of year!
    No, you are not missing something. Look closer. All the clearest parts (no reflection and sharp) will be taken into photoshop to composite one finished photo. It will take the photographer or a poor intern some more hours to put it together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Fascinating! I wondered how pro photos got such great images across the entire watch. Using composites makes sense.

I have a question: how is the watch being supported? It appears there's an alligator clip grabbing something behind the watch. But what? Also, any chance you could post some photo details, such as the aperture, shutter, and lens length being used? My browser's exif viewer isn't able to extract any of this info from the images.

-Brett
    brettcoon.smugmug.com - Omega PO, Sinn U1, Fortis B42, Magrette Pacific Professional, Seiko OM, Casio Pathfinder, Citizen Blue Angels, Glycine Incursore

Quote Originally Posted by brettcoon View Post
    Fascinating! I wondered how pro photos got such great images across the entire watch. Using composites makes sense.

I have a question: how is the watch being supported? It appears there's an alligator clip grabbing something behind the watch. But what? Also, any chance you could post some photo details, such as the aperture, shutter, and lens length being used? My browser's exif viewer isn't able to extract any of this info from the images.

-Brett
    I have always wondered how to support a watch for photos without causing harm to the finish of the watch. So good question. =)

Best Regards,

Thomas Carey

in this pic, is that your reflection ? also, wat did u use to support the timepiece?
    very nice setup, if i might add.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

How will the final product look like?

wow, wat a great setup !

but hack i love the camera with digi back more than the watch :D

Thread Information