A quick trip to the beach - Page 2

Thread: A quick trip to the beach

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: A quick trip to the beach

Quote Originally Posted by restless View Post
    My faves are number four and crow pic number two. I like the composition and the colors here. The sand in the crow picture is in itself nice to look at and the crow adds something extra.

Regrading tripod, if I don't have one I just place the camera on something. If you place it on the ground it can get interesting if you try out different depths of field.
    Thanks mate.:thanks I was lucky that this crow stayed so close, as all the others flew away when I got too near.

I really need to buy a sturdy tripod to replace my flimsy one. The slightest breeze and it starts to move.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    It can be quite frustrating, and I don't even have any extra lenses. The exposure side of things is also something I need to work on, as I just realised that the focal length and exposure are dependent on one another.

There's more to this camera stuff than meets the eye.
    There's a really good book on the concepts behind making an exposure called "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson, that's constantly recommended as a good starting point:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-...5435530&sr=8-2

You might find it helpful... I do!

Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    I really need to buy a sturdy tripod to replace my flimsy one. The slightest breeze and it starts to move.
    A trick for a shaky tripod: Try hanging something from the underside of the centre post, below the camera mount. If you're at the beach, fill a small bag with some sand and hang the bag so the tripod has some ballast under the camera. It should help steady the assembly. Give it a try

Best,
    Wallace
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Quote Originally Posted by ohmegah View Post
    There's a really good book on the concepts behind making an exposure called "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson, that's constantly recommended as a good starting point:

http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-3rd-Photographs-Camera/dp/0817439390/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1275435530&sr=8-2

You might find it helpful... I do!

A trick for a shaky tripod: Try hanging something from the underside of the centre post, below the camera mount. If you're at the beach, fill a small bag with some sand and hang the bag so the tripod has some ballast under the camera. It should help steady the assembly. Give it a try

Best,
    Wallace
    Thanks for the link mate, I'll check it out. I could do with a good book to point me in the right direction.

You know, putting a weight of some sort under the centre of the tripod hadn't crossed my mind...d'oh! I'll be sure to remember this and put it into practice. Thanks again buddy.
    Cheers,
    Barry

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

they look great to me .
    i like the bird.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy jones View Post
    they look great to me .
    i like the bird.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I think the crow wanted his 15 minutes of fame.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information