A Remarkable Photograph?

Thread: A Remarkable Photograph?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

A Remarkable Photograph?

Curious about response to this photograph. A friend took it a few years ago in Colorado. Some people get hung up on it not being in perfect focus and I don't--I think it adds to it (more painterly) or at least doesn't detract. Others find it depressing and just turn off. I think it's profound and profoundly beautiful about the human condition, the slow struggle through life. Anyway, if you're kind enough to look, I'd like your feelings, impressions.

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: A Remarkable Photograph?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean779 View Post
    Curious about response to this photograph. A friend took it a few years ago in Colorado. Some people get hung up on it not being in perfect focus and I don't--I think it adds to it (more painterly) or at least doesn't detract. Others find it depressing and just turn off. I think it's profound and profoundly beautiful about the human condition, the slow struggle through life. Anyway, if you're kind enough to look, I'd like your feelings, impressions.

Sean
    Ok first I am not an expert or pro, but since you asked for opinion.....

Here is my take: I think the shot is not good at all. I believe the subject is the couple, but then they were not focused. Given any camera(most cameras P&S, SLR, DSLR, whatever and even a cell phone), with that sunny daylight, it should be able to capture a more clearer pic. If the purpose is to shoot something like a portrait, I'm afraid this is not the case.

I guess this pic was taken very snappy and hand shake.

JMHO.

I guess this pic was taken very snappy and hand shake.

JMHO.[/quote]

yes it was. thanks for your feedback. for me, the photo transcends technical shortcomings, just me and our respectful humble opinions.

Sean

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don't really see any thing about that pic that looks attractive.

That's just my .02

Sean
    Not remarkable at all plus you have a third party's shadow in the frame, possibly the photographer. Poor subject - lacks focus - it is not depressing it is a bad picture with poor composition. But whatever floats your boat, the thing with photography is that... it is a little like poetry, everyone will get something different from this image. Me I get nothing other than wonder why it wasn't deleted... To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Not remarkable at all plus you have a third party's shadow in the frame, possibly the photographer. Poor subject - lacks focus - it is not depressing it is a bad picture with poor composition. But whatever floats your boat, the thing with photography is that... it is a little like poetry, everyone will get something different from this image. Me I get nothing other than wonder why it wasn't deleted... To each his own.

thanks guys for your feedback. I'll continue to love it.

Sean

GJ

Please keep posting pictures Sean...
    Kind Regards,
    GJ

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.....

Quote Originally Posted by GJ View Post
    Please keep posting pictures Sean...

thanks for the encouragemet. I'm no great photographer and I didn't take that photo I posted. Have to figure out how to get raw photos on here, they're big, 1 megabyte plus. And I get disheartened a bit that people don't see past technical shortcomings, but that's life in the fast lane.

Sean

so much of image is caught on the wing. I've seen photographs doctored in photoshop they look like plastic surgery. The subject carries all. Coming from Astronomy I believe in good optics but again, for me, the subject carries all.

Sean
    Attached Images Attached Images

thanks for the encouragemet. I'm no great photographer and I didn't take that photo I posted. Have to figure out how to get raw photos on here, they're big, 1 megabyte plus. And I get disheartened a bit that people don't see past technical shortcomings, but that's life in the fast lane.

Sean

I would use Flickr paired w/ Aperture or something like that.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information