Results with the best digital camera at the moment

Thread: Results with the best digital camera at the moment

Results with the best digital camera at the moment

Nikon D3, all around best DSLR on the market right now, this is not a studio camera, I would use a Hasselblad but for everything else...

This was captured with availble light using the 14-24/2.8

You'd think it was daytime... Captured last night without flash under a street light.

This one using the 50/1.4, available light in a dark bar...

Re: Results with the best digital camera at the moment

Wow, I'm impressed, by both the camera skills and the lady from the bar
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

stuffler,mike

Simply stunning

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like the bar photo -- it looks like she's just looking up to see someone she recognizes. Very attractive background blur on that 14-24 and no visible distortion and of course awesome blur on the 50.

Watch out for the Canon system users who will argue that the new EOS1 is the greatest =P

Awesome results Patrick! How much of that do you reckon is the lens quality though? I'm assuming a high ISO setting so that's some great low noise result.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Wear what you like.

Hi -

The photos or the lady?

Seriously, the larger the sensor, the better your results are going to be. I've got one of the 4/3rds cameras, and the 13mmx17mm sensor is a fairly serious limitation of the system.

Full-frame (24mm x 36mm) sensors are, for the digital world, what medium format is for the film world. You simply can't beat it.

I use the 4/3rds because it is the best price/performance deal that I could find. My film investment is in Pentax 6x7, and the lenses, which are great, are simply massive overkill for digital, which is why I didn't get a Pentax DSLR (I also didn't like the ergonomics of their cameras: they just didn't work in my hands: neither does Canon, but Nikon does. However, they screwed me over for some repair work on a Coolpix, and I will never use Nikon again...). Basically, I got the Olympus E510 with two kit lenses that are really outstanding performers for only around 1/4th the price of a D3 body alone, and given that, for me, it's a hobby, we all have to make compromises.

If money were no object, I'd be working with a 4x5 view camera with a scanning back, hooked up to a notebook and all running off a set of Lithium batteries for 100MB+ scans. But you can't take that to a bar...

Oh, and the nice thing about the Olympus: I just got an adapter for using Leica lenses on it. Just gotta find me a nice 85mm f1.4 now, or maybe, for watch photography, the legendary 100mm f4 with bellows...

Great shots.

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by Watchuseek Admin View Post
    Wow, I'm impressed, by both the camera skills and the lady from the bar
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Simply stunning
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by spluurfg View Post
    I like the bar photo -- it looks like she's just looking up to see someone she recognizes. Very attractive background blur on that 14-24 and no visible distortion and of course awesome blur on the 50.

Watch out for the Canon system users who will argue that the new EOS1 is the greatest =P
    Thank you, the 14-24 is simply the best zoom lens in the Nikon line up. I am not an equipment snob, both Canon and Nikon have their pros and cons (but I'd love to see someone argue about which is best, I'd quickly stop listening, walk away and start taking pictures )

Quote Originally Posted by BruceS View Post
    Awesome results Patrick! How much of that do you reckon is the lens quality though? I'm assuming a high ISO setting so that's some great low noise result.
    Cheers,
    Bruce
    Thank you Bruce, that lens is simply the sharpest and best zoom lens in Nikon's line up, it does outperform all primes in its range apparently and I will say I'd have to agree with this.

The iso for both picture is 3200, the D3 is very good in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

The photos or the lady?

Seriously, the larger the sensor, the better your results are going to be. I've got one of the 4/3rds cameras, and the 13mmx17mm sensor is a fairly serious limitation of the system.

Full-frame (24mm x 36mm) sensors are, for the digital world, what medium format is for the film world. You simply can't beat it.

I use the 4/3rds because it is the best price/performance deal that I could find. My film investment is in Pentax 6x7, and the lenses, which are great, are simply massive overkill for digital, which is why I didn't get a Pentax DSLR (I also didn't like the ergonomics of their cameras: they just didn't work in my hands: neither does Canon, but Nikon does. However, they screwed me over for some repair work on a Coolpix, and I will never use Nikon again...). Basically, I got the Olympus E510 with two kit lenses that are really outstanding performers for only around 1/4th the price of a D3 body alone, and given that, for me, it's a hobby, we all have to make compromises.

If money were no object, I'd be working with a 4x5 view camera with a scanning back, hooked up to a notebook and all running off a set of Lithium batteries for 100MB+ scans. But you can't take that to a bar...

Oh, and the nice thing about the Olympus: I just got an adapter for using Leica lenses on it. Just gotta find me a nice 85mm f1.4 now, or maybe, for watch photography, the legendary 100mm f4 with bellows...

Great shots.

JohnF
    Thank you John

with this 14-24, I started to believe in D3. Thanks!

Thread Information