A simple and quick watch picture

Thread: A simple and quick watch picture

A simple and quick watch picture

Easy does it, SB-800 shot through an umbrella at my right

Another SB-800 held right above the set up shot through a Gary Fong Light sphere.

All controlled by a SU-800 remote. Using the D3 and 105/2.8 VR

I do not like the reflection on the crystal however the main focus is not the dial but the strap end, screws and tubes. This was shot for a friend, it is his watch.

Having had a little more time, I would have used a large black mate card board to block what was reflecting in the crystal.

Re: A simple and quick watch picture

Or...you could just minimize the reflection in Photoshop...select the crystal area and amp-up the levels a bit...

Honest to God, it took all of 10 seconds...if I really wanted to completely get rid of it that might add another couple of minutes.

BT

Re: A simple and quick watch picture

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Trent View Post
    Or...you could just minimize the reflection in Photoshop...select the crystal area and amp-up the levels a bit...

Honest to God, it took all of 10 seconds...if I really wanted to completely get rid of it that might add another couple of minutes.

BT
    Thank you Brad! I often do not think about everything I can do in post process in order to get the picture exactly how I want it.

Thread Information