Sizing and re-sizing

Thread: Sizing and re-sizing

Sizing and re-sizing

I recently saw a post which said that there was a website that sized any photos that were processed for posting through it to be of a size suitable for e-mailing or posting to a forum. Now I can't find the post anywhere. Most of the photos I've posted have gone through photobucket, which works pretty well but it doesn't automatically size things and many of mine are too big. Can anyone help?

Re: Sizing and re-sizing

for any size file, esnips.com but I size before I upload to photobucket.I also went pro with it to upload larger pictures then edit them there. do you need a free sizing program to optimize the pics before upload? if thats the case go to webattack.com and click on freeware and go to the image editing section.

fbk

If you don't have image editing software you can also resize through windows, just right click and select send to: mail recipient. Specify the size and email to yourself, plus you leave the original intact.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

FastStone Image Viewer is a great tool for that and much more. You can crop, rotate and adjust the image or apply a few basic filters.
    Nice and friendly interface, a browsing mode included, easy to use and ...free.
    Far better than many similar sold programs.
    Try it with confidence.
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Or you can try irfanview. It's free.

http://www.irfanview.com/

If you want a really simple solution, host your photos with Flickr (http://www.flickr.com/), a part of Yahoo.
    They give all the options for automatically resizing your photos as you upload them, no special skills or software needed.
    Geoff
    TuffTime.com

Where there is much desire to learn, there of necessity will be much arguing, much writing, many opinions; for opinions in good men is but knowledge in the making.
    John Milton (1608 - 1674)

Quote Originally Posted by artec View Post
    I recently saw a post which said that there was a website that sized any photos that were processed for posting through it to be of a size suitable for e-mailing or posting to a forum. Now I can't find the post anywhere. Most of the photos I've posted have gone through photobucket, which works pretty well but it doesn't automatically size things and many of mine are too big. Can anyone help?

Since you are using Photobucket, there is an OPTION to resize your pics automatically if you choose your desired options. See pic below:

Select "options" and then select the desired size your want. For most forums, it would be great with 800 X 600 (see pic below where I arrowed). But I like my pics to be a little bigger.

Otherwise, you can also resize online from this site, which is one of the best so far that I used at times:

http://www.resizeimage.4u2ges.com/

Note: If you use the link above to resize, you need to download the resized pic into your PC and then upload to Photobucket to host it.

Hope it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by artec View Post
    Yes, you can choose the size with photobucket !

louis

Thread Information