Some photos from my trip to Paris

Thread: Some photos from my trip to Paris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Haf

Cool Some photos from my trip to Paris

I spent a week in Paris, I had a great time and I really enjoyed the city, it's certainly one of the places that I would love to come back anytime.

Here are a few photos that I shot in Paris, I'll limit this thread to 20 photos, for those interested you can view the rest of the set on flickr: Paris 2010 - a set on Flickr

All photos were shot with a Nikon D700 camera and I'll list the lens used for each shot. Don't hesitate to ask any further info. EXIF data is available.
    Enjoy!

B&W:
    Nikkor 35mm af-d

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 af-d

Nikkor 16mm f/2.8 fisheye

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 af-d

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 af-d

Color:

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Zeiss 50mm f/2 ZF

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Nikkor 35mm af-d

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikkor 85mm f/1.4 af-d

Re: Some photos from my trip to Paris

Excellent photos!

Fantastic photos!

I nearly filled up my memory card when I was there. I wanted to take pictures of everything!
    -Matt

"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.."

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Excellent composition. A real photographer!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

These are magical!
    For me, every day is a new thing. I approach each project with a new insecurity, almost like the first project I ever did, and I get the sweats. I go in and start working. I'm not sure where I'm going - if I knew where I was going, I wouldn't do it. Frank Gehry

Quote Originally Posted by Haf View Post
    I spent a week in Paris, I had a great time and I really enjoyed the city, it's certainly one of the places that I would love to come back anytime.

Here are a few photos that I shot in Paris, I'll limit this thread to 20 photos, for those interested you can view the rest of the set on flickr: Paris 2010 - a set on Flickr

All photos were shot with a Nikon D700 camera and I'll list the lens used for each shot. Don't hesitate to ask any further info. EXIF data is available.
    Enjoy!

Nikkor 35mm af-d

All excellent shots mate, and I just knew before I looked at them that they would put my photo's of Paris to shame. This shot looks really familiar though, as I have nearly the exact same shot. Although mine is not as technically good as yours is. Am I right in saying this was taken on top of Notre Dame? I'll need to see which photo's of mine are worth posting. I loved Paris as well, and will definitely be going back.

I'm off to look at the rest of your photo's now.
    Cheers,
    Barry

Haf

Thanks a lot folks for the kind words!
    Quote Originally Posted by bazman View Post
    Am I right in saying this was taken on top of Notre Dame? I'll need to see which photo's of mine are worth posting. I loved Paris as well, and will definitely be going back.
    I'm afraid you are wrong, my photo was taken from the top floor of the Pompidou Center, the national museum of modern arts. This was one of the places that I found to be the most rewarding, maybe because I am a bit biased towards appreciating modern arts more that the established and traditional forms of art present in the other famous museums of Paris (D'Orsay, Louvre).

The only shots from Notre Dame that I uploaded to flickr picture the two stone beasts. I went all the way to the top of Notre Dame, but the light was very harsh at noon. As a piece of advise, if you want to shoot a panorama of the city from top of Notre Dame do it in the evening, especially now in the summer months when the closing hours are extended. I arrived at Notre Dame at something like 9:15am, but I spent too much time in the queue so I missed the awesome morning light.

Here are two photos from the gargoyle section of Notre Dame

Fantastic photos Haf! I cant describe the emotions that the B&W portray, amazing! Did you take the photo in B&W or is it postprocessing?

Thanks for writing which lense you took them with too.... Ive only just picked up a D90 and want to get more serious about photography. It seems Paris is full of inspiration.....

Regards
    OS
    "Wear your learning like your watch, in a private pocket; and do not pull it out and strike it merely to show you have one"

Lord Chesterfield

Haf

Thank you, OS!

I never bother with the in camera shooting styles, full manual controls (I usually shoot in A aperture priority) or any white balance settings other than auto, although just to get to know your camera you could try and fiddle a bit with the monochrome settings, mainly the contrast and channels (red, green etc).

What I do is shoot in color, always in RAW (nef) format and post process the photos at home with Photoshop. When I'm converting to black and white I just play around a bit with the channel mixer settings, convert to black and white and than play around a lot with the dodge and burn tools. This way I can fully control the whole area of the photo.

Amazing photos, makes me want to book a trip to Paris today. If I'd taken the same shots, they wouldn't look like these, you're a great photographer. The photos themselves are great, I love archeticure that can be found in places like Paris, I wish more buildings today were built with the great detail.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information