Sony DSC-RX10 IV or Panny FZ 2500 - Anyone have one of these?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rivarama

Thread: Sony DSC-RX10 IV or Panny FZ 2500 - Anyone have one of these?

Sony DSC-RX10 IV or Panny FZ 2500 - Anyone have one of these?

I've been tossing around the idea of passing along my DSLR set up to my son and down sizing to a bridge camera with a fixed lens. Reason for doing it is due to ever worsening arthritis in one hand that is making my current set up too heavy, and making fumbling with lenses too difficult. I've read reviews for both with the Sony being much more expensive but getting marginally better reviews. -- Does anyone here have either of these? I'd love to hear feedback and input if you have it. Thanks!

Re: Sony DSC-RX10 IV or Panny FZ 2500 - Anyone have one of these?

I don't have any experience with either but I have read the reviews. The main reason to choose the Sony over the Panasonic is the better lens. If you are just taking family and vacation photos or video and aren't trying to squeeze every last drop of resolution out then I think the Panasonic makes more sense as it is $400 cheaper and generally has a better feature set.
    LB Carl likes this.

Re: Sony DSC-RX10 IV or Panny FZ 2500 - Anyone have one of these?

Quote Originally Posted by Rivarama View Post
    I don't have any experience with either but I have read the reviews. The main reason to choose the Sony over the Panasonic is the better lens. If you are just taking family and vacation photos or video and aren't trying to squeeze every last drop of resolution out then I think the Panasonic makes more sense as it is $400 cheaper and generally has a better feature set.
    Thank you for the input! You're right about the feature set but from what I read in reviews, Sony has an edge on image quality which is my main concern. I do a lot of ocean and nature photography so it may pay for me to dig a little deeper into the reviews and get more info for each on image quality. I had read shortly after posting this thread that the Sony is weather proof which is a plus. Overall though, they both seem pretty capable for what they are.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the FZ1000 and the Original RX10. I have also spent some time with a friends RX10 M3. I also own several other 1 inch sensor cameras. The best deal is the FZ1000. It’s 90% as good as the FZ2500 for a lot less. The image quality differences between and the RX10M4 and the FZ2500 will be more about the photographer than the cameras. With side by side comparing two images on a zoomed in large monitor it will be hard to tell.

If money is no object then buy the RX and if you want some money left over by the FZ.

https://www.scottzinda.com/Point-and...asonic-FZ1000/

Thread Information