Taking pictures of watches....How is it done properly? - Page 2

Thread: Taking pictures of watches....How is it done properly?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Taking pictures of watches....How is it done properly?

I also use photobucket. You can edit the photos in there so you dont have to resize the original

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Thread moved to Photography, the more suitable forum.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

The limit is there because a page of 2mb photos can be a pain for some members to load, ideally you should stick to a photo quite a bit smaller in size than that.

I resize my photos on the computer before uploading anywhere, for forums you are looking for photos no more than 800px on the long side, which is tiny compared to the thousands of pixels wide a 5mp image will be, I use aperture for my photo stuff on mac which lets you export images at lower resolution, and you get the same functionality in iphoto or any of the basic photo packages for windows.

The other alternative is to use something like flickr or photobucket - if you upload the full resolution image to there, they automatically resize it to a few different options for different viewing needs, open up a relevant sized image in your browser, and copy the url into some [img ] tags here and you should be good to go.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

1. how do most of you take your pictures, post them, and stay under the size limit?

On a previous thread about tripods in this photography section, in there I've shown a photo of my simple setup, a tripod, a couple lights from the local home improvement store, and a $20 light tent - set up on my workbench.
    I use a Canon DSLR, with a Sigma 105mm macro, or a 24-105mm EFL lens and a remote for tripping the shutter (with the mirror locked up previously to minimize vibrations). I'm an amateur photographer, so a lot of this equipment is overkill for someone just starting out.

The main thing is to provide a pleasing composition and control vibration. Nobody wants to look at a blurry photo (where it's not wanted).

Once you have the photo, I suggest you look into the free Google Picasa program. With that you can do cropping and other small tasks. Then you export the file to reduce it's file size (custom dimensions, if I remember properly). As was mentioned, no need to go over 800 pixels on the longest side.

With my internet provider, they give me 2GB storage on a free 'web space'. I just upload my photos to that, and place the link in my post.

Pink Floyd. Dark side of the moon. Side one, track four.
    Gallet Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GalletChronographs/

I'll check out that google program, thanks again for all the help and thank you moderator for moving the thread.

Cell phone or average digital camera.
    Dump them in photobucket.
    Copy/Paste address of picture in Photobucket and upload under "Go Advance Options"
    No software.

This one was taken on my LG Optimus. (Base Android Phone)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Omega-Seamaster 22345000 Laco-Navy Miyota Luminous Torgoen-T08301 Meister-Anderson Silva Limited Edition Chief108AS Swiss Army Officers 1884 Seiko-Orange Monster Boschett-Cave Dweller 2 G-Shock GW7900B-1 Boschett-Ocean Mariner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information