Very impressed...

Thread: Very impressed...

Very impressed...

I'm a long-time Nikon guy, but I recently bought a Canon G10.

Blew

Me

Away
    25+ Positive Posts in Watch Deals as drj126/SRHEdD. Currently rotation: Ball Fireman Racer, Oris BC3, Tissot T-Touch, Ocean7 G2-S, Nixon 42-20 Chrono, Casio G-Shock AW-591MS, and Tough Solar AMWS320-7AV.

Re: Very impressed...

Oh come on, you can't just drop that on us without providing pics

Ya know what, I've always been impressed with the quality of images that the Canon G series takes. As a result I've found no other reason to replace my trusty Canon G3 that is getting pretty old. The 4MP sensor has been good enough to allow me to blow up a picture (24"x36") I took of Tony Hawk while he was on tour in Kelowna, BC. The image looks flawless even at that size. Mind you it was taken as a RAW image so JPG may have been a lesser quality, but it still blows me away.

The only reason I'd need to replace it were if I wanted to blow up images or crop the heck out of them. I really don't understand why there are camera's using 10+ megapixels. Just seems like such a waste.

Glad your enjoying your camera though, and be sure to add a flash as your next upgrade. Being able to bounce the flash off the ceiling or other objects really brings them to life as apposed to a direct flash!
    Oakley TimeBomb Carbon Fiber
    Seiko Premier SNP003
    Bernhardt Globemaster #228 Green/Silver
    Wenger Swiss Military Commando Chrono
    Casio G-Shock DW6900
    Benarus Moray
    #43 Silver dial/brushed

Pics of the Watch Collection

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I've heard nothing but good things about the G10. I currently shoot with a G7 and I find it does the job very well indeed. I love it...

If it wasn't for the few weddings I wind up shooting every year, this would be enough camera for me. I do wish it went to 24mm though. I ordered a leather case from Japan, not available here, and the lens adapter, only to use as a lens hood. Great little rig.
    25+ Positive Posts in Watch Deals as drj126/SRHEdD. Currently rotation: Ball Fireman Racer, Oris BC3, Tissot T-Touch, Ocean7 G2-S, Nixon 42-20 Chrono, Casio G-Shock AW-591MS, and Tough Solar AMWS320-7AV.

Thread Information