Watch pictures on WUS

Thread: Watch pictures on WUS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Watch pictures on WUS

So I notice that most of the pictures that members post on here are really good pictures -- I mean great lighting, clarity and composition. It makes me wonder, is it that there are a lot of photographers on here that are watch fanatics or do they just have higher end cameras? I'm somewhat into photography and I try to take good pics but I would really have to try in order to get it to look good, lol. Hmmm

Re: Watch pictures on WUS

Quote Originally Posted by iflyimpilot View Post
    So I notice that most of the pictures that members post on here are really good pictures -- I mean great lighting, clarity and composition. It makes me wonder, is it that there are a lot of photographers on here that are watch fanatics or do they just have higher end cameras? I'm somewhat into photography and I try to take good pics but I would really have to try in order to get it to look good, lol. Hmmm
    nahh..
    I am just a medical doctor
    with my old pocket digicam Fuji F40
    taking all my photos hold by my hand
    in my working desk...

Quality of pictures doesn't have that much to do with how expensive your camera is. Sure a high end camera can produce great pictures, but in the wrong hands it can produce junk ones too. Same with cheap cameras, you can take great shots. YOu should try making a light box, I haven't made one but I'm not that into photography.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a decent shot-10 mp point and shoot digital-Sony. About $300. Nice camers with expensive lens are helpful-but expensive. Tripods help a lot. As you said, experiment with lighting. For every good shot, there are 7 bad ones.

Yep, it not so much the camera as it is the technique. By the way, I flew out of ISP for many years with a C-210, and flew into Westchester and Farmingdale frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by nimbushopper View Post
    Yep, it not so much the camera as it is the technique. By the way, I flew out of ISP for many years with a C-210, and flew into Westchester and Farmingdale frequently.
    I was wondering that about your name

I'm a photography hobbyist, so I've got a lot of gear that your average watch owner would not have. They let me take pics that would probably not be possible if I did not have the equipment, like:

Wouldn't have pulled this off without the macro extension tubes, the lightbox, the external flash... Sometimes the gear helps.

On the other hand, I was browsing through a photography thread in the Public forum a few weeks back and I was completely and utterly amazed at a series of pics. The composition, the light, the settings - perfect. Then I read on... they were made with a cameraphone. This guy was artistically beating me senseless with the photographical equivalent of a wooden stick.

So in reality, it's not the camera. It's not even the technique (which is really just another technical skill, not unlike buying a bigger camera). It's the artist and the creativity. If you don't have it, no amount of cash dumped into a camera will improve your shots. If you have it, you will make art no matter how crap your equipment is.

You're right, it sure seems that there are a lot of talented photographers out there. But more and more, I am convinced that it's the photographer that makes the pictures, rather than the camera.

That is absolutely true! All the fancy gear just makes it easier for the photographer, but the creativity has to come from him and not his equipment.

GuySie, what movement is that? I see you are from The Netherlands, what part please?
    Best regards,

Ernie Romers
    Founder and former site owner, Watchuseek.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information