What am I doing wrong?

Thread: What am I doing wrong?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What am I doing wrong?

I want to start using embedded photos in my posts instead of attachments.I have uploaded pics to Flikr.When I replied to a post today I went to Flikr,clicked on pic,right clicked on pic,clicked on properties,highlighted url,right clicked,clicked on copy,went to my reply,clicked on add image,right clicked on url space,clicked paste,went to preview post,BIG RED X,no pic?What am I missing?Thanks for your help.

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by E8ArmyDiver View Post
    I want to start using embedded photos in my posts instead of attachments.I have uploaded pics to Flikr.When I replied to a post today I went to Flikr,clicked on pic,right clicked on pic,clicked on properties,highlighted url,right clicked,clicked on copy,went to my reply,clicked on add image,right clicked on url space,clicked paste,went to preview post,BIG RED X,no pic?What am I missing?Thanks for your help.
    Could be the privacy settings in your flickr account - PM is sent.

Please note, that when you use pictures hosted on flickr on WUS (or elsewhere outside flickr) you must also place a back link to the flickr photo page as per flickr terms of service. To do so, you need to highlight the image after inserting it into your WUS post and click the "add link" button (globe with chain) to insert the photo page URL in WUS.

I do not have any problems posting images hosted on flickr, see below:

You can use the "All sizes" button above the image on the flickr photo page to get the URL for different photo sizes.

There you will also get the complete HTML code for the image, including the required back link, but WUS does not support HTML in posts (other boards do).

Thanks for the info cnmark!
    Ive had to use photobucket all this while to include in photos on WUS and never knew it could be done through flickr- would have saved me a heap of time!

guess you learn something new everyday

Note: using firefox, ive managed to just drag and drop my image from flickr to this post. It seems that using that back link isnt necessary? Can someone confirm that the picture above is viewable?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by naihet View Post
    Ive had to use photobucket all this while to include in photos on WUS and never knew it could be done through flickr- would have saved me a heap of time!

Note: using firefox, ive managed to just drag and drop my image from flickr to this post. It seems that using that back link isnt necessary? Can someone confirm that the picture above is viewable?
    Can see it. Very impressive shot . And the back link is not a technical necessity, it's just a formal requirement by the flickr TOS. And it's convenient for others to find your flickr photostream.
    Last edited by cnmark; August 28th, 2009 at 05:53.

Thanks buddy!
    and thanks for the nice comments (flickr).
    You have quite a body of work there! really digging those night shoots

YOu could also copy the url image code and just paste it directly into the post without using the add image feature. Look for a blank spot and paste~that's it. Cheers!

Just create a photo album right here at WUS and link to those.

It's simple and the pics are hosted by the board (thanks WUS ).

Quote Originally Posted by naihet View Post

Beautiful watch!!!!
    - A man as strong as me doesn't need a signature -

Current watch:
    Oris Diver Titan Chronograf 300m, G-Shock M5610, Tissot Visodate -58
    Sold watches: Bernhardt Globemaster
    , Seiko SKX781 "Orange Monster", Citizen Nighthawk, Seiko SNA411 "Flightmaster"
    Whislist: Audemars Piquet Royal Oak, IWC Ingeneur 3227-01, Breitling Skyracer, Breitling Navitimer

Hi folks!

I've finally gotten fed up with Photobucket & am looking to use another service for posting photos. I decided to try Flickr and am still a little unsure about how to post embedded photos. Thanks to this thread I have found that by going to "All Sizes" of a photo in Flickr and copying the image, I can paste it directly in the post like so:

BUT, when I copy & paste the URL ("Grab The Link") all I get is this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3068903...in/photostream

or this:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2739/...b3d774de_o.jpg

What am I doing wrong or overlooking? Also, how would I post with an embedded photo on TZ using Flickr? Photobucket makes it so easy but unfortunately the site is just out of control with advertizing which slows it down to a crawl.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dave

Hey Dave, for Flickr, you can try this
    Are you watching closely?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My blog:
    http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/
    Instagram: @crazystrobist

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information