What is the best digital camera on the market?

Thread: What is the best digital camera on the market?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What is the best digital camera on the market?

I have recently taken an interest in photography and I am looking to buy a camera that can take some nice action shots. I would really like to buy a digital camera so that I can easily transfer pictures to my computer. What is the best digital camera on the market for action shots? What cameras do you all recommend?

Re: What is the best digital camera on the market?

Let me start out by saying I have little experience in photography, I'm just very interested.

These are the two cameras I have, and one is exceptional at taking action shots.

Canon Powershot G9-little slow for action, but the BEST non-SLR digicam you can buy.

Nikon D40X- Great at taking action shots, Here are some action pictures I have taken with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJac10 View Post
    I have recently taken an interest in photography and I am looking to buy a camera that can take some nice action shots. I would really like to buy a digital camera so that I can easily transfer pictures to my computer. What is the best digital camera on the market for action shots? What cameras do you all recommend?
    That's sort of like opening up the Rolex vs Omega debate.
    Wear what you like.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The BEST camera is the one you want to pick up and use. The worst one is the one that scares and confuses you that you never seem to be able to get good shots from. So go to the camera store , play with them all, and get the one that you find easy to use.

My personal preference is the Canon 40D. Weather Sealed. 6.5 Frames Per Second. New computer brain (Digic III). Solid autofocus. I also shoot with a 5D but that's not as good for action as the 40D.

Here's some shots from the 5D, I've yet to get out on the track with my new 40D yet.
    http://00photo.zenfolio.com/p606579672/
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

Canon ixus 860 is great for a point and shoot, does me just fine

as a nikon man it kills me to admit this ... the G9 from Canon is a fantastic camera and I plan on getting one for days I dont need my D200 . SLR intro I would have said teh Nikon D70 or the Rebel XT . If you are looking used you can get screaming deals on those 2 ... BUT I woudl stick with a higher end point & shoot

Probably a $30,000 Hasselblad, but who but a professional photographer can afford that?

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/HA1504/
    Looking for a Benarus Megladon 500m. Also the Benarus Megladon 4 Titanium.
    PM me if you've got one for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by bvmjethead View Post
    Probably a $30,000 Hasselblad, but who but a professional photographer can afford that?

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/HA1504/
    Probably anyone who can afford a $30,000 watch.
    ::The Rotation::
    Rolex GMT Master IIc . IWC Fliegeruhr Mark XVI . Omega Electric Blue Seamaster x2 (his and hers) . Sinn 657 S . UZI Guardian on Velcro Strap . Casio G-Shock G-7800B-1DR + GW-5000 + GW-7900B + GWX-56GB + F91W + DW-6900MS . Benarus Remora Sapphire Bezel . Fossil Maddox Shrouded Lug Diver . Tag Heuer Formula1 Grande Date . Bernardt Binnacle Anchor . Swiss Legend Conqueror . Citizen Signature Perpetual Diver . Timex Military Expedition T498789J

thanks to all who replied. It sounds like the G9 and the D40 are pretty good cameras. I will try them out this weekend. I will re-post when I buy a camera. thanks!

What do you mean by "the best". If you are looking for a professional equipment, regardless to the price, the best is the top of the line of two, maybe three brands; just close your eyes and pick one and you'll be content. If you have to balance budget (and taste) vs. quality, portability, compatibility with various optics, accessories, the choice is really difficult.
    Actualy, the history of action shots was written by Canon, a reporter would probably pick a Nikon, space shots are the teritory of Hasseblad, medical photography is for Olympus, a tuxedo requires a Leica.... but this doesn't mean that all these are only designated to serve one branch.
    The best action shot camera could be a high end Canon but I personally prefere Nikon and I would never ignore a few more.
    I strongly recommend you the best resource (to me) for digital camera information:
    http://dpreview.com - descriptions, tests, galleries, prices, news.
    If a camera is not there then it doesn't worth to be called a camera (the reverse is not applicable ).
    Finally...one of these from the dpreview list: Nikon, Canon, Olympus, Pentax, maybe Sigma, Sony, Konica-Minolta. (Agfa, Epson, HP are printers, Casio is a watch, JVC and Sanyo are music boxes, Ricoh and Kyocera are nothing etc.)

my 2c....and a question for you: "What is the best wristwatch on the market?"

Last edited by workaholic_ro; February 13th, 2008 at 13:35.
    Renee Descartes walks into a bar, the bartender says 'sir can I get you a Martini ?', Descartes says 'I don't think...' and he disappears

Cheers,
    Fidel
    (DWP #001/100)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information