AS 1700/01 vs AS1702
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jspollmann

Thread: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    86

    AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    One of my dive watches is currently under repair and the Escape Wheel needs to be replaced. The caliber is AS 1700/01 and I wonder if I can use the Escape Wheel of the AS1702 or AS1703 as according to Ranfft website they should be similar although the AS 1700/01 is automatic and the AS1702 manual wind. Thank you for your input!

    Name:  as1700.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  18.0 KB
    busmatt likes this.

  2. #2
    Member YuriyV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    456

    Re: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    It is the same family, so should be good. Just try it. If it works, then nothing to worry about.
    Vintage Zodiac addict.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    Quote Originally Posted by YuriyV View Post
    It is the same family, so should be good. Just try it. If it works, then nothing to worry about.
    Thank you, will give it a try.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member pithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,498

    Re: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    Quote Originally Posted by jspollmann View Post
    One of my dive watches is currently under repair and the Escape Wheel needs to be replaced. . . . .
    The more cogent question is, "Is my watch equipped for an escape wheel with straight or conical pivots or a combination there of?"
    Courtesy of ULF.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    86

    Re: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    Quote Originally Posted by pithy View Post
    The more cogent question is, "Is my watch equipped for an escape wheel with straight or conical pivots or a combination there of?"
    I honestly am a bit of a noob when it comes down to these 'technical' comments. I attached the picture of the current escape wheel on the first post. Can you maybe eloborate how your comment relates to my question? Thank you in advance.

  7. #6
    Member pithy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,498

    Re: AS 1700/01 vs AS1702

    Quote Originally Posted by jspollmann View Post
    I honestly am a bit of a noob when it comes down to these 'technical' comments. I attached the picture of the current escape wheel on the first post. Can you maybe eloborate how your comment relates to my question? Thank you in advance.
    Your photo lacks sufficient resolution.

    Do you have a cap jewel for the escape wheel pinion's pivot on the plate?

    On the bridge?

    Do you have a qualified watchmaker?
    Courtesy of ULF.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. FS: G-Shock New Model GW-1700--$150
      By Jean-Pierre in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 5th, 2006, 02:03
    2. Fs: Ana-digi G-shock Gw-1700 New Model
      By Jean-Pierre in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: May 4th, 2006, 06:05
    3. GW-1700 pics for Sjors
      By Ben in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 8
      Last Post: March 30th, 2006, 17:29
    4. 1700+5700+8000= 3G's
      By Jean-Pierre in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 11
      Last Post: March 29th, 2006, 08:35
    5. Looking for a GW-1700 manual in english
      By Jean-Pierre in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: March 17th, 2006, 21:28

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •