18k gold platinum diamonds (1.2cts) antique watch need help with movement id.

Thread: 18k gold platinum diamonds (1.2cts) antique watch need help with movement id.

18k gold platinum diamonds (1.2cts) antique watch need help with movement id.

Hello,
    Am new to the forum, but have been a long time lurker! I was lucky enough to secure this piece which has over 1ct of diamonds and weighs 30gms of 18k.
    It is superb quality and the movement 'ticks' faster than my vintage Rolex oyster(winder). I have not had it looked at yet to see if it is signed under the bridge(bit scared to have just anyone pull it apart).
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I know you guys can recognize anything that ticks.
    Al
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 18k gold platinum diamonds (1.2cts) antique watch need help with movement id.

The movement ID I have no data... but is the bridging sliver?? THAT would be relatively unique.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: 18k gold platinum diamonds (1.2cts) antique watch need help with movement id.

It is obviously a high class movement - with the angling and the hairspring holder, it may well be Geneva seal material.

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I really appreciate it.

I probably need to take it to someone for a service and a look through. It would be great if the bridging was silver - bit rare then!

Geneva seal material? That would be fantastic, although it would have the seal on the bridge if it was? It has to be a commissioned piece but why it would be void of any makers stamps stumps me.

When I get it serviced I will let you know if there is anything found under the bridge. I am reluctant to touch it myself.

Initially I thought it looked like a PP or VC - hopefully there is something hidden to tell us!
    Al
    Last edited by someoneswatching; May 23rd, 2013 at 06:54.

Have just been able to examine the small retailer mark to the case. It looks like that of Jean Guillermin.

Thread Information