1919 Illinois 19 jewel pocket watch

Thread: 1919 Illinois 19 jewel pocket watch

1919 Illinois 19 jewel pocket watch

This is a watch that my half aunt gave me. She said it was her grandfathers. From the serial number I can find it was made in 1919 but thats everything I can find. Just wanting to know if anyone on here has any more info. The serial number is 3579749. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 1919 Illinois 19 jewel pocket watch

It certainly looks very interesting. What exactly do you want to know about it?
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Re: 1919 Illinois 19 jewel pocket watch

Your Illinois is a 12 size 19 jewel of model 3, grade 406, and is open face pendant set. You have the year right, 1919. There were 92140 watches made of this grade in 101 production runs between 1913 and 1926, so a popular watch. This particular run in 1919 was from serial number 3579001 to 3580400. The watch is adjusted to temperature, 3 positions and isochronism which makes it a good quality watch, a lot better than entry level but a bit below top range. It has the usual narrow striped pattern of the nickel movement plates, the movement lettering is gold, but it also came with black or red lettering. What are the markings inside the inner case back?
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

Thread Information