WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1934 Ingersoll Mickey Mouse Ingersoll

5K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  bobbee 
#1 ·
I've just won an early 1934 Ingersoll Mickey Mouse watch! At 77 years old, do you think the leather strap will still be wearable?

sellers pics

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#4 · (Edited)
I've just won an early 1934 Ingersoll Mickey Mouse watch! At 77 years old, do you think the leather strap will still be wearable?
sellers pics
Great find. At 77 years the leather will likely be dried from sweat and age. Sadly there is no repair. Just keep the watch as is and don't use the strap.

Here's some interesting information that you may already have.
http://75yearsfortheinegersollmickey.blogspot.com/

#6 ·
I wonder if anyone is making reproduction straps that could be pressed into service for wear.

The character watches seem like a lot of fun to watch and wear. I have a later Bradley pie-eyed that was a desk companion for some time and now needs a real service.

I wanted to post in regard of leather care products and I have been very impressed with Pecard leather dressing.

www.pecard.com/

It may not be suiting to applications for some collectibles but the stuff does amazingly great work of rejuvenating dry leather. I was prompted by fellow arms collectors and I had fabulous results with a leather sword scabbard that is more than two centuries old. Similarly old grips and some less veteran have done nice things for me.

I love the second wheel of the old Mickeys

Cheers

GC

#7 ·
Do any of you know how to remove the stem from these Ingersoll hand wound pin lever caliber mechanisms? I've got a 1935 Mickey Mouse that looks to only need a total cleaning and oiling, but I don't see how to remove the stem to get the mechanism out of the case?

#10 ·
Here is the earliest Mickey watch advert I have found.
Dates to June 10, 1933 just two weeks after the release at the World's Fair.

Reactions: James A
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.