1980's Ladies 14k Omega...

Thread: 1980's Ladies 14k Omega...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1980's Ladies 14k Omega...

I know this is a long shot, but I am trying to find a watch, purchased in the early 80's, very similar to the one on this link. The only difference is that mine had a rectangular face, but exactly the same band. My watch was sold without my permission by a jeweler. It's a long sad story, and I am trying to find a picture/value of the watch I had. The watch was a limited edition, made for Saks Fifth Ave.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with any information that might help. Thanks so much. Linda

LDS NICE 18ct GOLD OMEGA DE VILLE MECHANICAL WRISTWATCH on eBay (end time 27-Nov-10 13:36:47 GMT)

Re: 1980's Ladies 14k Omega...

These are called 'integrated bracelets' I believe. Most of these bands looked alike. I suspect they were usually made by the same subcontractor, regardless of the branded maker, since they are all so similar.

If the watch actually had a solid gold bracelet like the example, it's value would be the current melt price of gold plus 20 to 30%, I suspect. Particularly fine condition would raise that premium. Watches branded by Saks would not normally carry the high premium of Tiffanys, for example.

I hope that helps.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thank you for this information. The jeweler is giving me a hard time, and I may have to resolve this in the courts. I actually believe I found my exact watch on e-bay, but the jeweler is disputing it. Here is the link to 'my' watch. Linda

Vintage Solid 14k Yellow Gold Ladies Omega Wrist Watch - eBay (item 230476143717 end time Dec-13-10 08:31:15 PST)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi again Linda

Can your jeweller prove that this is not the same as the watch he sold that belonged to you??

Do you know what he sold yours for, or at least, what he's told you he sold it for??

I'm assuming you have no paper trail for your watch, ie, original receipt, booklet etc etc??

Linda, If your Jeweler continues giving you a hard time, I would go the legal route, but perhaps a bit differently then you. Because legal structures vary I'll tell you how I would do it where I live. In Minnesota, misdemeanors are prosecuted by the City Attorneys Office, they also handle business licsense disputes. I would call the City Attorneys Office and ask for advice on how to proceed. There is the possibility of fraud involved so they may have to open a criminal investigation at the very least they would have to investigate a licsense complaint. About 50% of the time because they don't have a formal complaint they will resolve it by calling the Jeweler and telling them to resolve your issue before they have to deal with it formally. It might not work the same where you live, but don't rely on the civil legal process, when there is the possibility that a crime is involved.

Hi JohnnyMonkey,
    No, he can't prove it. With all the run around he is giving me, I think he feels if he puts me off long enough I will give up. Little does he know.....

I am looking into taking legal action, and decided if he cannot resolve this to my satisfaction by the end of the year, I will proceed legally. Unfortunately, I don't have any paper trail of the watch. The jeweler that I purchased it from has died, and the business is no longer in existance.

What he scrapped the watch for was $400. Thanks again, Linda

Hi,
    Thanks for this info. I will check to see if this is the same process in Illinois. All I want is to be treated fairly, and so far that's not been the case. Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda552005 View Post
    Hi JohnnyMonkey,
    No, he can't prove it. With all the run around he is giving me, I think he feels if he puts me off long enough I will give up. Little does he know.....

I am looking into taking legal action, and decided if he cannot resolve this to my satisfaction by the end of the year, I will proceed legally. Unfortunately, I don't have any paper trail of the watch. The jeweler that I purchased it from has died, and the business is no longer in existance.

What he scrapped the watch for was $400. Thanks again, Linda
    Hi Linda,
    You don't have to give us the whold long sad story, but before taking legal action: Can You prove what happened, and Your ownership? Did someone without Your permission sell or give it to the jeweller --> first You will have to take legal action against this person, next against the jeweller for handling of stolen goods. If someone from Your family brought it to him, You will actually have to prove this happended without Your consent. Or did You leave it there yourself and not pick it up in time? Just telling stories unfortunately doesn't count at court, where both sides are heard.
    The link You have posted means nothing, if You don't have the papers, unless there are personal marks like an engraving. Omega did probably not produce this very model in the ten thousands, but for sure a couple of hundred of them.
    Olof

o.v.e wouldn't you assume that because she is dealing directly with the jeweler and he hasn't told her to go to the police it's because it's his mistake. I assume that she has a claim check for the item and the reason she knows what he got for the melt is because that's what he's offered her in compensation. He has to make her whole which means replacing it with an Omega from the same period, of like kind and quality, or the full retail price. One of the problems is that in this case the gold integrated bracelet makes it interesting as a vintage piece of jewelery which may push the price up.

Yeah, could be, but that I don't read from her information either. Anyways, why was the watch brought there - for service, and the jeweler "accidentally" decided to scrap it? Hm... well, whatever. A ladies golden Omega will be worth more then scrap, but the price called in that link is quite unrealistic, unfortunately.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information