1st new arrival a Rolls...any info be great.

Thread: 1st new arrival a Rolls...any info be great.

1st new arrival a Rolls...any info be great.

Any info on this would be great, thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: 1st new arrival a Rolls...any info be great.

Please consult here to establish the possible makers of your watch: Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index. If the link doesn't take you to the appropriate page, type Rolls (or any other brand name) into the search box and hit the arrow.

The movement looks like an ETA 969 or family as shown here (fig. 3) bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 969

Using Mikrolisk.de and Ranfft.de for, respectively, makers and movements should enable you to source such information for yourself.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by balaton View Post
    Please consult here to establish the possible makers of your watch: Mikrolisk - The horological trade mark index. If the link doesn't take you to the appropriate page, type Rolls (or any other brand name) into the search box and hit the arrow.

The movement looks like an ETA 969 or family as shown here (fig. 3) bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 969

Using Mikrolisk.de and Ranfft.de for, respectively, makers and movements should enable you to source such information for yourself.

Regards.
    great thanks, I will take a look....normal googling is not bringing no answers

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

You will also find that Dr Ranfft's Pink Pages "advanced" facility is most useful in refining your search results.

Regards.

You will also find that Dr Ranfft's Pink Pages "advanced" facility is most useful in refining your search results.

Regards.
    I still have no idea...I cannot find images etc..I do not know how many jewels...is it blancpain company or something completely different :(

Neither of these resources provide images of watches - they are for movements and makers identification only and you will need to search online to see if you can find a watch similar to yours. Dr Ranfft shows an example of the ETA 969 movement having 17/21 jewels and being in a 1940s watch.

A quick google search has found this which may be interest to you: https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/inde...quals-watches/

Regards.

Neither of these resources provide images of watches - they are for movements and makers identification only and you will need to search online to see if you can find a watch similar to yours. Dr Ranfft shows an example of the ETA 969 movement having 17/21 jewels and being in a 1940s watch.

A quick google search has found this which may be interest to you: https://www.thewatchforum.co.uk/inde...quals-watches/

Regards.
    Hi thanks, I read that webpage yesterday, but I am still in the dark with where my watch belongs??? is it related to blancpain do you think?

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Unless you can prove so then no. Interestingly Mikrolisk shows that Ebel registered the trademark on the same day as Blancpain so I’m assuming there was some connection between them. That article suggests that Blancpain weren’t actually making watches and here once again we have an ETA calibre so perhaps they were working with Ebel.

Unfortunately you will find that much of Swiss watchmaking history is murky as few records remain and a feature of the industry was a large degree of collaboration between companies making it hard to know exactly who did what.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
    Unless you can prove so then no. Interestingly Mikrolisk shows that Ebel registered the trademark on the same day as Blancpain so I’m assuming there was some connection between them. That article suggests that Blancpain weren’t actually making watches and here once again we have an ETA calibre so perhaps they were working with Ebel.

Unfortunately you will find that much of Swiss watchmaking history is murky as few records remain and a feature of the industry was a large degree of collaboration between companies making it hard to know exactly who did what.
    okay thanks.....so basically I have a mystery watch, is eta 969 good, fair or bad?

Thread Information