2 railroad wind indicator watches

Thread: 2 railroad wind indicator watches

2 railroad wind indicator watches

One is a waltham vanguard 23 jewel cir 1926 the other is a Elgin B.W. Raymond 21 jewel cir 1925 both with wind Indicator's

Banned

Re: 2 railroad wind indicator watches

Can you please explain to me (WI) how the Wind Indicator works? I see the scale on the dial, but..?

Winding indicators alerts user to how far up and down the main spring is wound so you will know when to wind it I was told by a watch repair guy there is a extra gear installed in the movement and since there are less of these made they are worth a little more than with out the only other brand of railroad watch with indicator I don't have yet is a rockford the price is a little high.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

RRs with wind indicators are highly prized, quite valuable compared to RRs without and rather rare.

Banned

Aha! A power reserve indicator! I thought you meant a "weather" wind indicator!
    Stupid me!! Sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Janne View Post
    Aha! A power reserve indicator! I thought you meant a "weather" wind indicator!
    Stupid me!! Sorry!
    Not you... it's the English language It can be so imprecise... unlike, for example, Sanskrit
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Hi -

It's not imprecise, merely multi-valent.

When I was studying philosophy, I learned French, German, Latin and Ancient Greek (well, for three of those languages enough to check off the boxes of preparing for a doctorate). While German has the enormous advantage of being able to create words for very precise meanings, in terms of linguistic accuracy - of the reader understanding exactly what the writer intended - French wins hands-down. Latin isn't far behind, but is, especially for much older texts than late medieval, a real bear to precisely read, as punctuation was not a strong point.

It takes real skill in English to write precisely and in such a way that any reader understands what is being said. English is funny that way: I tell my non-English speaking colleagues (which is basically all of them) that English is one of the easiest languages to learn and one of the most difficult to master...

And those are two absolutely lovely watches there...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Sorry I should of used Winding instead of wind my mistake some time's my spelling is bad.

Whenever I see "wind indicator" I automatically think watches. This can be a problem if I'm on a weather site though.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ray MacDonald View Post
    Whenever I see "wind indicator" I automatically think watches. This can be a problem if I'm on a weather site though.
    Or you just had a meal with beans in.

Thread Information