Added a Roamer to the fold...

Thread: Added a Roamer to the fold...

Added a Roamer to the fold...

I took a gamble on this watch from the 'Bay, 'cause the seller only posted one fuzzy dial shot, and one line of text. But I knew from these forums that Roamer tends to be good quality and underappreciated, so it seemed worthwhile. These are all pre-cleaning pics (the parts are drying on my bench at the moment), but so far it looks like it was worth the risk. The only questionable part is the case itself; there's what used to be a serial number between the lugs, but someone removed them. Since the crown doesn't really match the case, I'm guessing it was recased. There's a symbol there as well; does anyone recognize it?

Another interesting thing was the dial; there's a repeating pattern on the back that says "Bienne Geneve, Metallique SA" which I assume is either the dial maker or the metal maker.

Finally, there's a very faint symbol on the train bridge beside the bridge screw that looks like a square divided in half, with one half divided in half again. Any chance that's a date code (a la early Bulovas), or am I being optimisitic?
    Attached Images Attached Images

My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Re: Added a Roamer to the fold...

Nice looking watch. great find and looks clean before you stary. Just my opinion though.

Looks terrific~Congrats!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Alas, the hairspring is either a bad replacement or is just mangled; this one goes into my "waiting to get better with hairsprings" project box (which is waiting on me getting some good, fine tweezers...why does my list of things to buy just keep getting longer?)
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thread Information