Advice needed on 1950s Olma 25 Jewel Automatic service and spares

Thread: Advice needed on 1950s Olma 25 Jewel Automatic service and spares

Advice needed on 1950s Olma 25 Jewel Automatic service and spares

Hi, I've just been given my Dad's Olma 25 jewel automatic watch, it runs quite well and is in great condition, but needs a new stem and crown and would benefit from a service, never been done since my Dad bought it in Germany during his National Service in the mid 50s.
    I've contacted a few companies regarding a repair and service but the answer tends to be that it's too old and spares are hard to come by, so what I would like to know if anyone out there has experience of getting a similar watch repaired and serviced.
    I am currently trying to get my hands on a batch of stems and crowns to find or modify something that will fit, but to be honest my experience in watch repair is quite limited and I see this as a last resort.
    Any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated,
    Thanks

Re: Advice needed on 1950s Olma 25 Jewel Automatic service and spares

Olma use generic movements (Felsa or FHF for the most part) so there are plenty of spare parts to be had. You just need to open it so we can take a look at the movement. Stems are the most numerous parts available as these often broke or fell out. It could be hard to find a Olma crown with the logo but any crown that will fit will do the job just as well.
    Last edited by Shum; July 24th, 2014 at 22:39.

Thread Information