WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Affordable vintage yachting watches?

5K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mkws 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, so I have recently been very fond of this particular style of watches. I love for example, the Heuer Skipper, the roullette wheel Omega speedmaster.. I just love those colorful detailed instrumentations and subdials. Unfortunately I do not have $5000 to spend on the well known high end ones. Ive found a few brands, but what brands do you guys suggest I look for, particularly under $500 if any? Any photos of your watches would be great too, would love to see them! :sunglasses::speedboat:

#3 ·
What, you mean the type of chronograph with the regatta countdown? I think that you will be stuck there! The trouble is that there is to my knowledge no single ebauche for these. Due to that, all the ones in existence are at least adapted, even if based on a generic movement. And special adaptations are, unfortunately, expensive! And even more expensive since they will also be rarer than the average, standard chronograph. Good luck in your quest.

Hartmut Richter

#4 ·
There is one such watch that comes to my mind- the Tissot Sideral. I don't know much about the prices of these, though... Still, I think it's way more affordable than the Heuer or the Omega.

Reactions: busmatt
#8 ·
500 might be pushing it (for any chronograph) but the late 60s early 70s VJ7730/33 based chronos should pop up.
I have two or three pieces with the colourful subdials and absolutely love them to bits (and all bought far below 500, but in honesty worth more that triple what I paid).

Croton (Nivada Grenchen) Chronomaster Aviator SeaDiver
Yema Yachtingraf
Pontiac Jumping

All come to mind.

Happy hunting

#12 ·
There's also the Tissot Sideral bullhead chronograph, but this will definitely be more expensive than the normal Sideral...
Here's an example from the web:
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.