Amara automatic 25j 14k gold

Thread: Amara automatic 25j 14k gold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Amara automatic 25j 14k gold

Hi there, everyone. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm new on this forum. But I am willing to learn. :) I am bothering you with a problem: a friend of mine owns this watch in beautiful condition, I must say. It's in near mint condition. All in 14k gold(including the crown, numerals, indexes and back case). He wants to know what would be a fair price for this watch(he is in a bit of a money struggle...). Sadly, I've found almost nothing about this watch. And here is where I ask your help: please tell me something more precise about this watch and if you can, a pretty fair value. Thank you very much in advance!

Re: Amara automatic 25j 14k gold

You may want to reconsider the use of the term near "mint" looking at the pictures. Too many scratches.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Welcome to Watchuseek. Moved your post to the more suitable forum.

I am sorry but in my understanding the watch is fairly used, not near mint.
    Typical watch of the late 60ties/70ties with an automatic ETA 2783, information on the movement here:
    bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 2783

We do not give estimates here on WUS, the reason why is explained in the stickies on this forum. However it is a solid 14k gold case which determines a bit of its worth. Movement (produced in masses) and the make are "average" and will not contribute much to its worth.

Other mebers will chime in very soon, I am sure, so you will get a picture very soon.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi there and welcome...

I think Mike sums it up pretty well... I have not seen the brand before - nor doing a quick search produced anything of any use!

found this one (ladies) for sale.... dont get excited when you see the price!

LADY'S 18 K WHITE Gold Diamond&Sapphire Watch Swiss WOW | eBay UK

The value this seller has put on the watch will be because of the case material, diamonds, etc... plus, they want that price... does not mean it will sell!

I would guess the watch dates to the 70s more than 60s... just going on the case shape and dial style.

The movement is of good quality... nothing special.

Incabloc refers to the shock protection on the movement.

Price... the gold value (weight of case plus case back) in the case would be near the value of the watch IMO. I dont think you could call the condition Mint (from the pics provided).... very good maybe!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

You may want to reconsider that statement, Sir.... The watch looks splendid. I'm not very good at photographing, perhaps... But to see scratches were there aren't, it's just a bit off, don't you think???

P.S.: Those scratches that you see are on the steel gasket, which sits right under the back-case. So yes, it's in near mint condition.

Sir, thank you very much for your quick reply and for all the useful info that you gave me. But, I'm sorry to say, you are quick to judge. You labeled this watch as "fairly used" only by some pictures and by a quick and "expedited" judgement(suported by other opinions, as I can see...). I am in no need to make a quick buck, just helping out a friend. I could have posted it right into the "buy-sell" section. But I wanted to learn more about a beatiful watch, not to sell it.

Thank you very much, Sir. Also thank you for explaining to me what Incabloc means. Perhaps you would be so kind to explain to me what Automatic and Jewels mean?( sorry, but I can't stop to be a bit ironic when you answered me in the same manner as the predecessors and on top you are so kind to explain what Incabloc means....Thank you again, but I've asked about the movement and the watch in general, not what Incabloc comes from...)

Quote Originally Posted by Drachonn View Post
    Thank you very much, Sir. Also thank you for explaining to me what Incabloc means. Perhaps you would be so kind to explain to me what Automatic and Jewels mean?( sorry, but I can't stop to be a bit ironic when you answered me in the same manner as the predecessors and on top you are so kind to explain what Incabloc means....Thank you again, but I've asked about the movement and the watch in general, not what Incabloc comes from...)
    You are not here to make friends are you!!

Good luck with the watch....
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

This is why I don't bother to to reply at all to these posts.
    My new sig -----

Over the years I've collected all sorts of movements and "project" watches ... mainly inexpensive vintage pieces.

These days I've widened my gaze to include modern pieces (including quartz with analog or analog + digital displays) but with those I'm generally looking for models in solid steel cases.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnson View Post
    This is why I don't bother to to reply at all to these posts.

This was adressed to me, Sir?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information