Ancora Watches

Thread: Ancora Watches

Question Ancora Watches

Hi all. It's my first time in this forum, so this is unfamiliar territory. My brother somehow got a hold of some Ancora watches (probably off ebay) and recently got one of the crystals replaced. He said the watchmaker who replaced it told him that it was worth somewhere in the $400-$600 range. However, when pressed my brother could not tell me any details about the watch.

Have any of you ever heard of this brand? I cannot find much information on ebay. Is it possible that my brother is right?

Thanks in advance.
    Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Ancora Watches

I just looked on ebay for Ancora watches, and what I saw didn't seem at all remarkable. If you can post a photo of the watch, and preferable of the movement too, then somebody might be able to tell you more. But based on what's on ebay, I doubt if any Ancora watch would be worth more than $100.

We can help you ID the watch but it's our policy here not to give valuations. Please read our sticky notes for reasons why.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oh, sorry about that Ray. Thanks for letting me know. It certainly wasn't my intent to violate the rule of a forum I am new to! :)

Chascomm, I agree- I am not sure of the quality of the movement or the brand in general, but I'll try to get a picture up for you folks if I can convince my brother to do so.

Cheers!
    Excellence in Doing Things the Hard Way Since 1980
    Tissot PRC-200 | Seiko SNX427K2 | Seiko SNA029 | Marathon TSAR | Marathon GSAR | Hamilton Jazzmaster Viewmatic | Maratac Pilot | Omega Speedmaster Professional

Thread Information