Another Job lot on its way... can anyone spot a gem? - Page 4
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Another Job lot on its way... can anyone spot a gem?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: Teaser....

Cheers Steve and Joe!

I will post some 'proper' pics tomorrow!!!

I will need to give them a quick clean first though!!

Marc
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Twitter: quickpicmarc

Quote Originally Posted by Sparcster View Post
    Kris... want another guess on the case size... or are you happy with 28mm????
    With the new clearer photo I will now say exactly 30mm (plus or minus .5mm )

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    With the new clearer photo I will now say exactly 30mm (plus or minus .5mm )
    Interesting.... Only time will tell!!
    A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away...

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Interesting.... Only time will tell!!
    Heh, actually not so much the plus. I really think it is between 29mm and 30mm. It is just scraping 30mm, and I think it probably would just be called a 30 mm watch. If you come back with 32mm I won't believe it .

P.S. I don't mind being wrong if it makes the watch more wearable for you. Photos are tricky beasties.

Re: Another Job lot on its way... can anyone spot a gem?

I Would have to concede it was a very good guess!

If I was being picky, I would say you were wrong... But what's a faction of a mm between pals!

I would say, its between 30.5 and 31.... Approximately 30.75mm

Want to guess a movement??

Marc

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Well,

Here are the first 2... Seiko and Tudor!

The Tudor.... even though in a bit of a state... I think was worth the £30 on its own... I would have paid that much!!

As the crystal is missing... The dial was very dirty!! See the pic, where I had just wiped it with a ear bud and warm water...

The caseback that holds the movement is a weighty 'Denisteel' back, that is signed as follows:

The Signed Tudor Movement is a 1260 ETA (I think!) as its signed under the balance 1260 See Rolands as a comparison:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 1260

As you can see the movement is nice and clean... but is 15J and has no shock protection - Compared to the one on Rolands site... Im guessing mine is an earlier version??

The top section of the case is chrome plated and a bit worn... but on the whole... cant complain!!

The shock in all this, is the second Seiko (not the Bellmatic).... Its a cracker... and worth the £30 on its own - easily!! It was very very dirty and scratches... but has come up ok - if I do say so myself!

Take note of the crytal - A rare feature and I have not seen it before on a Seiko (Have searched since and see it was standard on this watch)

The movement is very clean and running well... all the quick set features work... what a result!

I will look to get a replacement crystal for the Bell-Matic and give it a clean! Then post that also... But what do you think... good buy??

))))))

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Congratulations - well bought that man.

Name:  Applause.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  4.4 KB
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Vint. Forum Co-Moderator Mirius's Avatar

Fantastic buy!

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    Congratulations - well bought that man.

Name:  Applause.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  4.4 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirius View Post
    Fantastic buy!

Why thank you! Liking the 'Applause' Marrick!

Think The Casio will also bring in £10 into the pot... just bought a new battery for it!

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Well,

Here are the first 2... Seiko and Tudor!

The Tudor.... even though in a bit of a state... I think was worth the £30 on its own... I would have paid that much!!

As the crystal is missing... The dial was very dirty!! See the pic, where I had just wiped it with a ear bud and warm water...

The caseback that holds the movement is a weighty 'Denisteel' back, that is signed as follows:

The Signed Tudor Movement is a 1260 ETA (I think!) as its signed under the balance 1260 See Rolands as a comparison:

bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: ETA 1260

As you can see the movement is nice and clean... but is 15J and has no shock protection - Compared to the one on Rolands site... Im guessing mine is an earlier version??

The top section of the case is chrome plated and a bit worn... but on the whole... cant complain!!

The shock in all this, is the second Seiko (not the Bellmatic).... Its a cracker... and worth the £30 on its own - easily!! It was very very dirty and scratches... but has come up ok - if I do say so myself!

Take note of the crytal - A rare feature and I have not seen it before on a Seiko (Have searched since and see it was standard on this watch)

The movement is very clean and running well... all the quick set features work... what a result!

I will look to get a replacement crystal for the Bell-Matic and give it a clean! Then post that also... But what do you think... good buy??

))))))
    That Tudor has cleaned up nicely. I like that retro Seiko. Congratulations on a really good find.
    "Civilization gets what it wants, is willing to pay for, and ultimately deserves".

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information