Another rare seamaster chronometer comes to my stable, the rare black dialed ref 166032-168023
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Another rare seamaster chronometer comes to my stable, the rare black dialed ref 166032-168023

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Another rare seamaster chronometer comes to my stable, the rare black dialed ref 166032-168023

Good evening gang

I was looking for a pie pan again but was again outbid during the last 20 seconds of the auction.It is the third time that it happens to me to be outbid on a pie pan constellaton auction everytime at 20 second before the auction ends!! I have also checked c cased constellation connies and other tonneau cased constellation but often in not so good shape one can wish, and spending insane money on an average condition was a niet for me. However after checking ebay listings thoroughly I found another seamaster chronometer, a black dialed version with the day date the ref 166032-168023. On mine the auction wasn't very high, so I put a very reasonable amount of money for the auction that I won (this one cost me the half of the price I paid for my other seamaster chronometer). It is a 36mm of diameter watch and in relatively very good condition, dial is absolutely clean, movement is clean, hands are in fine condition despite some very very minor spots, glass is in excellent original condition and case hasn't been ("over")polished as it is often the case with vintage watches

Mine will get a service as soon as it arrives and a sunburst case rebrushing.

Enjoy the pictures

Regards

Georges
    Last edited by georges zaslavsky; June 1st, 2017 at 22:14.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Very nice. Your patience paid off
    georges zaslavsky likes this.

Re: Another rare seamaster chronometer comes to my stable, the rare black dialed ref 166032-168023

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    Very nice. Your patience paid off
    Thank you. Yes patience is needed especially in this hobby, I have always learned, never to hurry before purchasing anything.
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Another rare seamaster chronometer comes to my stable, the rare black dialed ref 166032-168023

I'm sorry but I can't agree. The geartrain bridge looks like it has a different shade of gold plating so I think that it's a mariage ("frankenwatch").

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I'm sorry but I can't agree. The geartrain bridge looks like it has a different shade of gold plating so I think that it's a mariage ("frankenwatch").

Hartmut Richter
    This model was originally fitted with a cal 751 which was a chronometer so even if for you the shade looks like slightly different, the movement remains a cal 751 and that what counts for me. At the base the original movement was a calibre 751, so even if it is a replacement bridge (none can be sure if it is a replacement) in a movement, that is very very minor trouble for me because the rest of the entire watch is original. A franken watch would be the wrong movement or a non chronometer movement and wrong hands in this watch. I have seen the same model than mine priced for the double with a shade of copper plating worse than mine. I have seen some much more damaged watches being portrayed as good and having worse condition movements. Mariage watches are often pocket watches converted to wristwatches. Sometimes spare parts can't be had, so they are taken from a donor watch.
    Last edited by georges zaslavsky; June 1st, 2017 at 23:46.
    busmatt and joeuk like this.
    Omega and Rolex for ever

That is one nice looking watch. As a novice I feel I am nitpicking but have to ask .
    Is it ok that the A in Omega is taller than the other letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Molliedooker View Post
    That is one nice looking watch. As a novice I feel I am nitpicking but have to ask .
    Is it ok that the A in Omega is taller than the other letters.
    The A isn't taller than others, it is just an impression that you have.I have another Omega with the same lettering/serif. Some models had flat As and others didn't.
    busmatt likes this.
    Omega and Rolex for ever

Thanks Mate , always learning from blokes such as yourself

You're destroying me Georges, a Seamaster Chronometer is a grail for my collection and you're snapping them up quickly

Nice watch and I know it's going to be looked after now and that's all that matters

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    You're destroying me Georges, a Seamaster Chronometer is a grail for my collection and you're snapping them up quickly

Nice watch and I know it's going to be looked after now and that's all that matters

Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    Hi Matt

I would never allow myself to do that Thing is that everytime I have bid on a pie pan connie, I seem to be running very very bad luck because every time at 20 seconds before the end of the auction, I am outbid by almost 200$ more (this is the third time it happened to me). I have bidden once on a 50's seamaster chronometer, the highest bidder outbid me of 800$ more 40 seconds before the end of the auction. The thing is that some items have skyrocketed because of Omega Saga auction back in 2008. The mid late 60's-early 70's seamaster chronometers are more affordable than their 50's counterparts. This is the same for the mid 50's 321 powered seamaster chronos and the mid 60's 321 powered seamaster chronos, there is often a 1000 to 1500 $ price difference if we are talking items in pristine condition. I always try never to overestimate my budget and never to spend unreasonably because being indebted with my bank is a definite no. So patience and luck pay off. I want a pie pan connie and a 321 chrono very badly but for now I am done, maybe and very probably at the end of the year or next year, because with my other watch purchases, I have done well enough to broaden my Omega collection, not to mention that I have also several repair service bills to pay to my two watchmakers. I remarked also generally that the more you wait for a serious purchase, the better is the outcome. Don't rush and be patient, you will get one some day.

Have a good day

best regards

Georges
    Last edited by georges zaslavsky; June 2nd, 2017 at 08:30.
    busmatt likes this.
    Omega and Rolex for ever

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information