Antique Waltham pocket watch
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rook49

Thread: Antique Waltham pocket watch

Antique Waltham pocket watch

Hello I just bought an antique Waltham pocket watch from 1883.

It has not arrived yet, what watch chain would you suggest me to buy? Ebay best place to search after one?

Hampton, GA - Originally from Knoxville, TN

Re: Antique Waltham pocket watch

It's just according to how you plan on carrying it. You may want more than one chain. If you are going to carry it in the watch pocket of a pair of jeans you won't need a very long one. You'd want a swivel clasp on one end to attach the watch to and a large snap ring on the other end to attach to a belt loop and maybe a short section of chain with a lobster claw or snap ring to carry a fob that attaches to the watch chain also. If you're going to be carrying it in a vest pocket you'd want a tee bar on one end to go through a button hole and a swivel clasp on the other end to attach the watch or you may want a double Albert chain for a vest which is a tee bar in the middle of two chains with one having fob on the other end of it and the watch on the other end. If you want to carry it in a regular pocket in a pair of slacks then you'll need a longer watch chain or an extension to hook to the short chain so the watch can reach the bottom of your pants pocket and still have enough slack to leave a loop on the outside of your slacks other wise it would look like a straight chain going into your pocket from a belt loop.

I have several chains that I use just according to what I'm wearing.
    nome93 likes this.

Thread Information