any idea if this old constellation mineral crystal should habe logo or not?
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: any idea if this old constellation mineral crystal should habe logo or not?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

any idea if this old constellation mineral crystal should habe logo or not?

just got this 168.056 constellation c ( i replaced thr stainless bracelet woth leather strap as i loke the look better). It comes with flat mineral crystal which seems to be correct type of crystal.

Just wondering if the "etched" logo on omega crystal only common on acrylic crystal one? Should this mineral crystal have logo as well?

by the way, any safest idea on removing the scratches without any invasive method such as sand paper buffing?

Sent from my SM-G9287C using Tapatalk
    busmatt and Shum like this.

Re: any idea if this old constellation mineral crystal should habe logo or not?

That's a great looking Constellation, but if I may suggest it, I think it would look even better on a 19mm strap, it's well worth hunting one out, Hirsch do some very nice ones. As far as the crystal, could you get it replaced by a watchmaker? Has the watch been serviced? If not then it's definitely worth getting it done, it shouldn't cost too much for a basic service and crystal swap, just don't let them polish the case.
    Matt

Brought to you by HYPNOTOAD
    Shum likes this.
    " I can't wear this uniform, without some compromises "
    Chesney Hawkes

"I larf, I Larf, I wee I pants, I make I leg go rusty."
    ​Me

Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    That's a great looking Constellation, but if I may suggest it, I think it would look even better on a 19mm strap, it's well worth hunting one out, Hirsch do some very nice ones. As far as the crystal, could you get it replaced by a watchmaker? Has the watch been serviced? If not then it's definitely worth getting it done, it shouldn't cost too much for a basic service and crystal swap, just don't let them polish the case.
    Matt

agree with the 19mm strap, using the 18mm for the moment as this is the only spare strap. will get one 19 or 20 (i think it should fit), croc pattern leather, black or dark brown. Any better style suggestion is welcomed

re the crystal, i'll find out if there is any proper watch maker in town who can do it properly (3rd world country problem)

thanks for the opinion and suggestion sir!

busmatt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Black or brown lizard or croc would look ace, but being stainless and white dialed it could take a nice burgundy or navy strap too

If the crystal swap is a problem then I'd leave it, it's not the worst I've seen and it's very wearable as it is.

Matt

Shum likes this.
    Chesney Hawkes

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by busmatt View Post
    Black or brown lizard or croc would look ace, but being stainless and white dialed it could take a nice burgundy or navy strap too

If the crystal swap is a problem then I'd leave it, it's not the worst I've seen and it's very wearable as it is.

Matt

navy strap...that i will have to try as i have one lying around...burgundy is intriguing though...interesting

busmatt likes this.

Omega hesalite (plastic) crystal are thick and should have a etched logo in the middle but mine used to but had to sand it down once due to deep scratch and no longer have the etched logo
    busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    Omega hesalite (plastic) crystal are thick and should have a etched logo in the middle but mine used to but had to sand it down once due to deep scratch and no longer have the etched logo
    how about omega mineral crystal glass?

I wouldn't sweat it too much about having a genuine crystal or not, it's nice to have but not a big deal breaker in the vintage watch collection world, what's more important is that you appear to have found a nice unpolished, tidy and very wearable Constellation, now all you have to do is enjoy it

Matt

marcel2812 likes this.
    Chesney Hawkes

​Me

Quote Originally Posted by joeuk View Post
    Don't understand this comment. The logo is supposed to be injection molded and on the inside of the crystal. It should be impossible to polish it away, as you would need to go totally through the crystal. The logo on some of the 1970's crystals is very faint and sometimes you need a loupe to find it.

Sapphire Omega crystals will not have a logo at all.
    gatorcpa
    Last edited by gatorcpa; May 29th, 2017 at 15:03.
    busmatt likes this.

Nice watch,

I am not sure if Omega puts the symbol on the mineral crystal.

A 20mm with work well on your 19mm watch. I had a 20mm strap on my old 1960's connie

Here are some pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information