Any ideas on this Haste triple date moonphase?

Thread: Any ideas on this Haste triple date moonphase?

Any ideas on this Haste triple date moonphase?

Hello all. Came across the below watch on the bay, but struggling to find any real info on it. I've found that Haste refers to H A Steele & Co. of Mexico, but that it was a retailer/importer of watches, rather than a manufacturer, although some watchmakers would finish the movement with the private label "Haste", as in this case (although that doesn't explain the Haste branding on the dial itself). I'm also unable to find any info on the L17026 movement, so if anyone has any ideas/useful info, I'd love to hear it!

VINTAGE HASTE TRIPLE DATE MOON PHASE STEEL 50´s BOX NR on eBay (end time 02-Dec-10 21:23:47 GMT)

Re: Any ideas on this Haste triple date moonphase?

Hi there,

the ETA 1100 was optionally equipped with such calendar module:
    bidfun-db Zodiac_1100: Zodiac 1100 (ETA 1100, Kalender-Modul)

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Ranfft View Post
    Hi there,

the ETA 1100 was optionally equipped with such calendar module:
    bidfun-db Zodiac_1100: Zodiac 1100 (ETA 1100, Kalender-Modul)

Regards, Roland Ranfft
    Thanks Roland, that's very helpful, much appreciated.

If there are any further ideas as to the name, the quality of the watch itself, etc shoot!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'll weigh in here...

It is absolutely a redial (which they admit) - albeit a good one, but it is super obvious anyway. The dial is basically perfect while the hands are corroded, and look at the discolored day and month wheels. Likewise the movement has corrosion and scratches. I would not buy this watch, as it is being presented as something quite nice cosmetically - yet falls far short mechanically. I would not describe it as an honest watch.

The ETA 1100 movement is quite nice, and having had one apart and back together, I will admit to being reasonably impressed. Well made and well finished. However, the ebay one is not in good condition.

I have a similar watch (Orator brand) also with a ETA1100:

My movement in good order and it has since been cleaned, so looks better now. As you can see, no damage to screw heads, no scratches to plates and most importantly, NO corrosion on any of the steel parts. If it doesn't look like this, then it has been badly treated and poorly maintained. There is simply no excuse for a movement in bad condition - unless it is perhaps more than 150 years old. One as recent as these should have no reason not to look new.

Nice watches, wait for a better one. That one is getting expensive...
    Last edited by trim; November 30th, 2010 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    I'll weigh in here...

It is absolutely a redial (which they admit) - albeit a good one, but it is super obvious anyway. The dial is basically perfect while the hands are corroded, and look at the discolored day and month wheels. Likewise the movement has corrosion and scratches. I would not buy this watch, as it is being presented as something quite nice cosmetically - yet falls far short mechanically. I would not describe it as an honest watch.

The ETA 1100 movement is quite nice, and having had one apart and back together, I will admit to being reasonably impressed. Well made and well finished. However, the ebay one is not in good condition.

I have a similar watch (Orator brand) also with a ETA1100:

My movement in good order and it has since been cleaned, so looks better now. As you can see, no damage to screw heads, no scratches to plates and most importantly, NO corrosion on any of the steel parts. If it doesn't look like this, then it has been badly treated and poorly maintained. There is simply no excuse for a movement in bad condition - unless it is perhaps more than 150 years old. One as recent as these should have no reason not to look new.

here's my zodiac 1100 mp. it keeps accurate time to near cosc but the hour hand is loose and needs attending. picked this up for under $200 last spring and I consider myself lucky.:

:ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Quote Originally Posted by trim View Post
    I'll weigh in here...

Great info all round, Trim, thanks very much. You're right - there's really no reason for a movement to be in that kind of condition and, as you say, the price is going a little too far north! The triple date calendars/moonphases seem to come up relatively regularly also, and I'm in no rush, so more than happy to wait until the right one comes along. Thanks again!

DaBaeker - that's a great looking Zodiac, congrats!

Thread Information