Any Info about This pocket Watch?

Thread: Any Info about This pocket Watch?

Banned

Any Info about This pocket Watch?

Dear Friends
    I want to ask you if you have information about this pocket watch.
    The pocket watch is gold filled and the brand is F.A Robbins Pittsfield
    The movement made from Vacheron Constantin.
    I Know only this.I want to learn the age of the pocket watch and if this rare and if anyonoe knows the Value of this Pocket watch today.

Thanks for help

Last edited by grdimis; December 13th, 2012 at 18:25.

Re: Any Info about This pocket Watch?

Well, it's what's known as a private label watch; Retailers would order movements from watchmakers and pay a bit extra to have their own name engraved on the movement and written on the dial. Longines and Omega made quite a few. Haven't seen a V&C before. And that scarcity works for and against you. The movement is clearly a high quality one, and the use of the term "Adjusted" suggest it's from before 1909. That jives with the serial number, which puts it around 1907 based on V&C numbers. However, the movement doesn't look quite like any of the known V&C pocketwatches I've seen, and the "logo" is likewise unlike any V&C logo I've ever seen. Its also odd that such a quality brand would be sold in a gold filled case. That could all be a function of it being private label though. From a value perspective, there are some that will pay more for something like this (since it was likely less common) and some who will pay less (since it doesn't actually say V&C on the dial), and many who would write it off as a fake without discussion.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Nice watch and a good quality movement.
    Member TickTalk is our resident V&C expert, if he sees this thread he may tell you more.

The watch was probably in a solid gold case originaly, it looks as if it has been recased as the movement
    holding screws don't quite match the screw marks on the edge of the case.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

nice watch

Banned

Dear Radger
    Thanks for you info.The first time i see the watch i think the watch recased first because this type of movement instal only in gold cases.and someone watchmaker take the gold and recased in gold fill case.The mysterious is the dial and the movement is like new like produced yesterday.I am searching again.Thank you

Banned

Dear Abslomrob thanks for your Info.The surprice is for about V C to sell movement to other company.This is the first time i see something like that and that is the reason I bought.I am trying to find something same with V C and i cant.Maybe the member Radger have right about the recase of this watch.

Thread Information