Any information on Endura Watches.

Thread: Any information on Endura Watches.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Any information on Endura Watches.

Hello, forgive me if there is already a thread on this, but this is my second post. I have an vintage Endura Direct Read watch. It needs some work but the direct read dial made me purchase it. I would like some more information on the make, and the 17 jewel movement. There are these numbers on the back if it helps anyone. 12108 DR- 9245. This is my first vintage watch, and my first post in the vintage forum. Looking foward to what you guys have to say. :thanks

Re: Any information on Endura Watches.

Hi and welcome.

We need pictures to say anything useful. Endura is a a fairly obscure brand - probably one used by Ingraham if you're in the USA:

http://www.mikrolisk.de/show.php/280/letter_E
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

I dont have a picture of my watch but here is an ebay auction that has the exact same model. Everything is the same and my internet research to try and find out more about the brand, hasn't amounted to anything. All i have found out is that Endura is now apart of Swatch, but then who isnt? *laughs*

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I forgot to give you guys the link. here it is.

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-Endura-S...ht_1063wt_1167

OH, that case is painful... Novel piece.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

What makes you say that it is a 17 jewel movement? The one in the link has no indication of that on the dial or case back.

On the contrary - it is even lacking the seconds hand/disc. Which leads me to think that it has a cheap 1 jewel pin lever movement..... E.g. the Baumgartner Cal. 866 digital CLD:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...ner_866_DIGCLD

Hartmut Richter

Your right it is not a 17 jewel movement. Im new to the hobby and assumed that it was 17 jewel. It seems to be an cheap movement, and mine is overwound. Does anyone have an idea as to how much it would take to get it running again.

I assume by "overwound" you mean that it's fully wound and still won't run. A basic service on a piece like this will run you anywhere from $50 to $200 dollars, depending on where you take it. Repair, if something is broken, depends on the availability of parts; something like a balance wheel usually goes for $20-$50 depending on how hard it is to find, plus installation. Anyway you cut it, it'll end up being far more then the watch is worth unless it has significant non-monetary value to you.

If you find a friendly enough watchmaker, they might direct you to an aspiring hobbiest or watch student who'd be willing to do it for cheaper.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Yes, it is fully wound runs a few seconds and stops. After doing some reasearch and with Richter's help it is a one jewel pin leaver type movement. Thought maybe a good cleaning might do the trick. This is my first vintage watch, and not knowing very much about watch movements or having much money to get into the hobby, thought this might be a good way. According to some, you can douse the movement in lighter fluid to get it running again. Anyone had any luck with pin leaver type movements or repairs?

If the cleaning doesn't work, you can always light it... I'd do this outside!!

The measures you suggest are relatively drastic and might revive the watch for a while but will, in the long run, not improve the watch one iota.

Disassembly, clean and lube, and reassembly are the normal steps. Too expensive for this watch I fear.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information