Any information on Rokomatic watches?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Chascomm
  • 1 Post By Benjamin Barrera

Thread: Any information on Rokomatic watches?

Any information on Rokomatic watches?

A friend picked this up during a trip to Germany. I looked online for information on Rokomatic but all I found were some eBay ads, also in Germany.

In spite of the name, all the Rokomatics seem to be hand-winders. The brass waterproof case is interesting in that it is unplated. It's 34mm in diameter, 41mm across the lugs, 10mm high, and the lug width is 18mm. There is no country of origin indicated anywhere but the strap is marked Echt Leder, so the strap is probably German. It's possible that the strap is original since I saw a photo of another Rokomatic with the same strap.

The only markings I can see on the movement are CAT-C 66 and 17 JEWELS. The bridge plates appear to be simple metal stampings, not a high-end movement at all. There's a button to press that releases the stem, a nice detail.

I am guessing it is German and based on the red second hand, from the 50s at the earliest.

Name:  IMG_20190706_135041.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  1.46 MBName:  IMG_20190706_140952.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  191.3 KBName:  IMG_20190706_140908.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  161.1 KB

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Any information on Rokomatic watches?

Here's some information about the Cattin 66 movement:

https://17jewels.info/movements/c/cattin/cattin-66-cld/

As for the lack of plating; I'd guess it has either worn away or been polished to nothing. Either way points to a low-quality plating. But the excellent condition of the dial and the replacement of the crown suggests that it has been well looked after in its long and full life.
    Benjamin Barrera likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Re: Any information on Rokomatic watches?

Thanks for the information about the movement! Now that I know about Cattin, I've been able to find some good information on the web, some of it here in the WUS forums. Apparently the movements were made in France and they seem to be one of the better pin-levers. There are two service marks scratched inside the case back so it definitely has seen some use! Certainly a workingman's watch but it's is running well and keeping good time.
    Chascomm likes this.

Thread Information