any know anything about this watch?

Thread: any know anything about this watch?

any know anything about this watch?

i was given this by my grandfather and know nothing about it is it a auto windup battery powered? tryied looking up the company nothing? it is dated 1974 and has "limited c 0036" i stole the pic off ebay look for info on it?

:thanks

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: any know anything about this watch?

I would expect a watch for the US Bicentennial year to be a wind-up. Quartz was still exotic/expensive or digital, and self-winding is just silly in a pocket watch (yes I know some companies make them, but it's still not practical).

If you can post pictures of your own watch, we can get more of an idea of the quality and origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    I would expect a watch for the US Bicentennial year to be a wind-up. Quartz was still exotic/expensive or digital, and self-winding is just silly in a pocket watch (yes I know some companies make them, but it's still not practical).

If you can post pictures of your own watch, we can get more of an idea of the quality and origin.
    it is mint still in box never used was given it when i was 5 and put up i well put up some pics when i find where i put the my camera

thanks

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Oooooh!!!

Jeeze, I had such trouble reading your post without the punctuation, Dismuke! LOL!!

Quartz, battery-powered watches were still rather new in the 1970s so I doubt that this watch is one of those. I agree with Chascomn that it's probably a handwound mechanical.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Bradley Time was a division of Elgin National Industries, Inc., and made a lot of watches for Disney. For example:

http://www.mickey.mouse-watches.com/
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick View Post
    Bradley Time was a division of Elgin National Industries, Inc., and made a lot of watches for Disney. For example:

http://www.mickey.mouse-watches.com/
    Interesting! So I guess for the Bicentennial watch we would probably be looking at a low-grade Swiss wind-up wristwatch movement (EB, BFG, Semag, Ronda etc) possibly cased up in the US.

Thread Information