Any one heard of a brand called Robot watches ???
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Any one heard of a brand called Robot watches ???

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any one heard of a brand called Robot watches ???

I got a bag of watches from my late uncle yesterday. In the bag there was a watch by a brand called robot. I have never heard of robot before and a google search was no help. Does and one have any info on this brand? I’m at work right now so I can’t post any pictures but I will run home when I get lunch break and post some pictures of the watch and the box.

Re: Any one heard of a brand called Robot watches ???

Quote Originally Posted by Alwayslate707 View Post
    I got a bag of watches from my late uncle yesterday. In the bag there was a watch by a brand called robot. I have never heard of robot before and a google search was no help. Does and one have any info on this brand? I’m at work right now so I can’t post any pictures but I will run home when I get lunch break and post some pictures of the watch and the box.
    Mikrolisk has the following information on the name Robot: Robot, Waldes &Cie. registered 10.2.1930
    Robot, Robot TimeInc. Import; New York, USA; 1955

Mido had also a Robot (man) registered a trademark in 1940's for their Multifort Super Automatic line.

Nobody knows Everything, but Everybody knows Something!

Here are some pictures Name:  3AAA2EE8-CB67-4C52-9E9B-5410E3021E0D_1561406693611.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  848.5 KBName:  03027245-3400-4556-9508-55578053722F_1561406707092.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  1.16 MBName:  9BEF2F6C-60B2-407C-8CBF-2C0735BAA86F_1561406724694.jpeg
Views: 29
Size:  1.87 MB
    busmatt likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool that you have the box that goes with the watch! So many get tossed....
    A friend is truly a prize indeed, others not so much. So if I lead you believe you're in the latter, please read........
    http://markmanson.net/internet

Quote Originally Posted by simpletreasures View Post
    Cool that you have the box that goes with the watch! So many get tossed....
    My family is old school Italians nothing gets tossed over here. It’s really cool to see. My uncle before he passed gave me his 69 seamaster that was a birthday present from his wife back in 69 he barley wore it. It sat in the original box in a nightstand till he gave it to me. After he passed his daughter found a bag of watches he left got me and at the bottom of the bag was the warranty booklet for that omega. So now I have the box and most of the papers. Super cool that all that was preserved I’m super thankful to my uncle.
    bjjkk likes this.

Its is freakin awsome you have and hopefully wear your uncles Omega. Most post of inherited watches just ask for an appraisal so it can be sold

Quote Originally Posted by bjjkk View Post
    Its is freakin awsome you have and hopefully wear your uncles Omega. Most post of inherited watches just ask for an appraisal so it can be sold
    That’s super sad that people would sell inherited family heirlooms. I for sure wear the omega. Mostly for dressy occasions and some times I’ll just wear it because it’s just calling me lol. I work on a dairy farm so I only wear watches on my day off and after hours if I leave the ranch.
    redcow and SunnyOrange like this.

[QUOTE=bjjkk;49233621]Its is freakin awsome you have and hopefully wear your uncles Omega. Most post of inherited watches just ask for an appraisal so it can be sold[/QUOT

This is a picture of when i wore it to my cousins wedding. Name:  FB8659D7-7CC7-48E3-A679-DF125A641B18_1561414780810.png
Views: 26
Size:  755.8 KB. If you have Instagram I run a watch themed page called Kyleswatchbox. I havnt really been good about daily uploads ( and probably never will ) but I do post pics of what I’m wearing when I go out or other watches that I see. If you wanna check that out. I’ll be posting some of the other watches i got in that bag.
    simpletreasures and busmatt like this.

A lot of people think that the word "robot" was coined by Issac Asimov. This isn't quite true.
    Robot (robota) means serfdom or unpaid labour in most slavic languages.

Capek's 1920 play 'Rossums Universal Robots' seems to be the first modern usage of the word. Asimov coined the term "Robitics" in the 40's I think.

Yes, I do like a bit of Sci-fi!
    busmatt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by vealmike View Post
    A lot of people think that the word "robot" was coined by Issac Asimov. This isn't quite true.
    Robot (robota) means serfdom or unpaid labour in most slavic languages.

Capek's 1920 play 'Rossums Universal Robots' seems to be the
    first modern usage of the word. Asimov coined the term "Robitics" in the 40's I think.

Yes, I do like a bit of Sci-fi!

I’m just gonna leave this hereName:  CE787C07-20BD-4C93-82BB-D5D17765C640_1561480453499.jpeg
Views: 20
Size:  188.4 KB
    busmatt likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast