Any opinions on this?

Thread: Any opinions on this?

Any opinions on this?

What do you think about this Omega cal 1012 movement?

Re: Any opinions on this?

Phooeee

Well the first thing I can see is that at some time, maybe now, the rotor post or bearings are in trouble, hence the marks on the rotor indicating friction against the case back. The second thing I can see is that the swan neck in the regulator is full of rust. The thind is that moisture appears to have erased the printing on the decal. So its reasonable to assume that there has been some moisture incursion through the crown or case back seal. Also the regulator itself has signs of corrosion - heavens knows what the setting system under the dial would look like.

If yourse asking about the movement series itself, then I guess it can be said that fast-beat movements like the 10xx series are excellent movements if they have a history of regular service. If they've been neglected, it can take a lot of work to bring them back to reasonable order.

Cheers

desmond

I am asking about this movement, I am no expert, but it looked a bit neglected to me. So with the problems you see from the pics, what would your assesment be on the fixing price? And are parts available for it? Or would it be better to put a better condition 1012 inside? and what do they go for?
    Alot of questions, I know....

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think he said your in for a total re-build of the movement if you go with this one. And it looks to me like somebody scraped the lettering off the decal though I cant imagine why. Not sure how much a 1012 goes for but you might want to search around. Either way I think your looking at at least $200 and possibly more. And yes-parts are available
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

Thanx!

There s a brand new (NOS) cal 1012 on the wus For Sale forum. do a forum search and you should find it. Seller asking $250
    :ROLEX OMEGA LONGiNES ♦ SEIKO Aquadive ♦ ELGIN ♦ hamilton O&W imexZodiac......

I just serviced one last week, and it was way worse than this. The plating on the rotor had been worn by- get this- not the rubbing of rotor against the caseback, but by rubbing against the dirt against the caseback. When it was cleaned, there was no contact between the two. I had to replace several springs, and it was swimming in oil. These are good movts, and worth repairing, but it all depends on how far the damage goes. If it's cheaper to get another movt, I would go with that. The one we serviced recovered completely, I should add. As far as price for fixing, I would expect about $100, if it includes some new springs, like in the regulator. Or you could go with the NOS, as Dabaeker says. At least then you would have a pristine movt.
    Last edited by Outta Time; December 15th, 2010 at 22:38.

Thread Information