Anyone ever hear of Arsil?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Dtoste77

Thread: Anyone ever hear of Arsil?

Anyone ever hear of Arsil?

Hello Everyone, I've become some what of a watch enthusiast over the past year or so and have spent many hours on this forum reading up and researching many different topics.

I was recently in the Azores and came across this watch in a small jewelry shop. The dial color caught my eye and I found it very interesting. The sales woman said it was a portuguese brand but I think she is incorrect.

It was fairly inexpensive and since I liked it, I purchased it. After trying to search it on google and this site I have come up with nothing. Anyone ever come across this brand? The dial lists Antichoc but the back reads Stainless Steel. I popped of the case back and there are no markings that I see.

I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on how old the watch might be and where from. Any help identifying is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

busmatt and James A like this.
    Oris Artix GT
    Stowa Antea 390
    Tissot Visodate
    Raketa Big Zero

Re: Anyone ever hear of Arsil?

Hi,

I can find your Arsil watch anywhere. Rare might be the right word for this one.
    I might have found the movement family but it is a total stab in the dark. If it is this movement it would date it to the 70's.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: PUW 560

Like you I think its a nice watch. So enjoy.

Regards,

Arsil.......sounds french?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the info! French was one of the first things I thought, due to the name and style. It also says Antichoc which I hear is common on French watches. I had read that the term antichoc might date it to 50s or 60s but I think 70s might be more realistic. Although by the amount of dust in the case it came out of it may have been a hundred years old :)

Thread Information